By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Sells Through 3 Million Units

Do You Own A PSVR?

Yes 18 35.29%

No 33 64.71%

Total:51

I think price is holding it back still, its $299 which is the same price as a PS4. Hard for many to justify an accessory that costs the same as the system.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Errorist76 said:

It's clear for everyone to see you have little to no VR experience. That's exacty how you sound.

That's how it sounds to you because you believe the only people that don't think PSVR is a great, game-changing experience are the ones that haven't played it. I've played pretty much every major VR game, and put over 30 hours into using it., and that's *just* PSVR. I've used over a dozen VR units over the past couple decades. I used to be a huge VR fan.

The technology isn't there, the price isn't there and the poor sales numbers that have already begun to decrease continue to show it.

I'm just playing Wipeout and The Persistence and it's a bit sad how ridiculous you sound to my ears.

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

The million milestones were after 7.5 months, 6 months and 8.5 months so yeah slowed down a bit.

Does it have any big holiday games this year? If so, that plus deals/bundles might be able to increase momentum.

No big holiday games. They sold it for $199 last year and that's what got them to 2 million as quickly as it did. Maybe they'll do  the same, maybe it'll be cheaper, but they won't be bundling it with anything it hasn't already been bundled with.

Next big game is Firewall Zero Hour. It's basically Rainbow Six in VR. And yes, it will be bundled with the Aim Controller. But yeah, I guess you knew that already, right?!

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 16 August 2018

Yeah sales aren't great hoped for more especially with a price cut, but expected all the big PS games especially exclusives are non vr. SOTC with VR should have been a thing.

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

The million milestones were after 7.5 months, 6 months and 8.5 months so yeah slowed down a bit.

Does it have any big holiday games this year? If so, that plus deals/bundles might be able to increase momentum.

No big holiday games. 

I guess no big holiday games could be sign that its not selling as well as many hope.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Errorist76 said:
potato_hamster said:

That's how it sounds to you because you believe the only people that don't think PSVR is a great, game-changing experience are the ones that haven't played it. I've played pretty much every major VR game, and put over 30 hours into using it., and that's *just* PSVR. I've used over a dozen VR units over the past couple decades. I used to be a huge VR fan.

The technology isn't there, the price isn't there and the poor sales numbers that have already begun to decrease continue to show it.

I'm just playing Wipeout and The Persistence and it's a bit sad how ridiculous you sound to my ears.

Yeah it is a bit sad how reality sounds ridiculous to you, isn't it?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

No big holiday games. 

I guess no big holiday games could be sign that its not selling as well as many hope.

Right? Yet some of the die hards have started to refer to conventional home console gaming using as television as "retro style".

Give it another decade and maybe then they can get rid if the cords, get the refresh rate, resolution, and viewing angles up, and get the price down to around the price of a standard controller, and maybe then it'll see quasi-mainstream success.

It is such a great product- and to me was a game changer for video game experiences. I got mine when they first came out- traded in my DVD collection that had been collecting dust- so luckily I didn't have to come up with the money. First couple of games I played were Batman: Arkham VR and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. I couldn't believe how immersive it was. Then when RE7 came out that January - first AAA game completely playable with PSVR - such an awesome, horrifyingly good time!

My top 5 games / experiences would be:
1 - RE7
2 - GT Sport
3 - Star Wars: X-Wing Mission
4 - Farpoint
5 - Rez Infinite

potato_hamster said:
Errorist76 said:

Yeah it is a bit sad how reality sounds ridiculous to you, isn't it?

How is that reality when you say the technology isn't there yet, yet games like Moss, Wipeout, Ultrawings or RE7 and The Persistence clearly show it IS?!

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

Right? Yet some of the die hards have started to refer to conventional home console gaming using as television as "retro style".

Give it another decade and maybe then they can get rid if the cords, get the refresh rate, resolution, and viewing angles up, and get the price down to around the price of a standard controller, and maybe then it'll see quasi-mainstream success.

I dont even want it to have mainstream success. I don't get why some people think something is just succesful when it sells hundreds of millions of units?
I'm truly enjoying the passionate community and helpful Reddit over lots and lots of immature idiots atm.

The first iPhone sold 6,124,000 units...Just saying.

Zombie9ers said:
It is such a great product- and to me was a game changer for video game experiences. I got mine when they first came out- traded in my DVD collection that had been collecting dust- so luckily I didn't have to come up with the money. First couple of games I played were Batman: Arkham VR and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. I couldn't believe how immersive it was. Then when RE7 came out that January - first AAA game completely playable with PSVR - such an awesome, horrifyingly good time!

My top 5 games / experiences would be:
1 - RE7
2 - GT Sport
3 - Star Wars: X-Wing Mission
4 - Farpoint
5 - Rez Infinite

Damn, how many DVDs did you sell to get that much money?

Ive sold DVDs at resale shops and they give like 25 cents to 2 dollars each.

Yeah- it was a pretty big collection - had over 600 DVD's and box sets