By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone still think smash ultimate is a port?

gtotheunit91 said:
It definitely is not a port. The engine they used for the game was completely built from the ground up

thats false. they openly admitted that a great deal of SSB4's code was used to make Ultimate as a way to save development time. they then tweaked the game and reworked assets from there

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
It sits somewhere between a port, a remaster, and an expansion. Definitely not a new game like past Smash titles were.

Explain?

The returning stages have been given big graphical overhauls. Unlike in past games when they were just ported over directly with little to no changes. Also almost 50 stages that were absent from the Wii u game are now in this game. 

Many returning characters have been redesigned completely and have new animations. Along with 14 characters that were not in the Wii u game.

There is also a huge amount of music that was not in smash Wii u.

A large amount of assist trophies, items and pokeballs that were not in smash Wii u.

There a new modes and options that were not in smash Wii u.

The menus are completely different to smash Wii u.

This isn't even taking into account all of the minor and major gameplay tweaks, other modes that haven't been revealed yet etc.

Holy shit, I just realised the Gran Turismo franchise is just a bunch of ports

They are lurking in the shadows. Waiting for the next goalpost.

It's really weird. People also called Smash 4 a port. Leading into it's release people were calling it Brawl 2.0. I don't understand, do people want them to scrap literally everything and have no returning characters and stages?

Chrizum said:
It sits somewhere between a port, a remaster, and an expansion. Definitely not a new game like past Smash titles were.

???

Explain please

Around the Network

I believe I already covered this lol.  The crows have flown south for the winter.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237236&page=1

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

RolStoppable said:

Thumbs up.

Lies and deception.

BlackBeauty said:
KLXVER said:
A port? No. Just reused some assets.

Some? You mean every assets.

it has ALL the old melee assets, smash 4 and new assets.

THEY EVEN SAID in the direct that they will keep some n64 stages in their original form for nostalgia.

Not to mention all the old music from every game so far.

Its a port of every smash game. The ultimate smash.

What?

The design team had for the N64-stages the goal to keep them as original as possible. They didn't reuse the N64-assets. You just can't take the SD-textures for a HD-game. Or the models. Why do you think everyone had problems with the HD-transition? And obviously for these stages the textures and models are more detailed. They only try to keep the nostalgic feeling for these stages.

Every fighter in 4 looks different. Sometimes in smaller, sometimes in bigger ways. As moves changed, all animations had to be reworked.

Sorry, they probably reused no asset, not with at least a major rehaul.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It definitely uses the same engine but it's no more of a port than any other series that reuses an engine and assets for multiple entries.

ktay95 said:
Holy shit, I just realised the Gran Turismo franchise is just a bunch of ports

Lol! Nice.