66 meta.....

What the heck is wrong with MS studios?

Ryse = 60
Recore = 63
Super Lucy Tale = 64
Sea of Theives = 69
State of decay = 67

Now "we happy few" gets a 66? jebus.

And "sea of theives" got a free pass or something, its rated higher than it should be.

I heard a lot of trash about Ryse before I got an Xbox One a year after launch.  I played the game through to completion, and actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  Ryse is much better than a 60 in my opinion.  But, to each their own.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Mandalore76 said:

I heard a lot of trash about Ryse before I got an Xbox One a year after launch.  I played the game through to completion, and actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  Ryse is much better than a 60 in my opinion.  But, to each their own.

Yeah, ReCore is also alot better than the meta suggests imo. 

Agree, recently played the Definitive Edition and it was more of a 7.5 game for me.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Seems like a lot of the recent MS studios has released mid-to-low-scoring titles recently.... Except the hellblade and forza devs

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Shame. I was actually interested in this one. I’ll still get it eventually, but when it’s cheap.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

pitzy272 said:

I forgot until now this game was releasing tomorrow. I was always cautiously optimistic about We Happy Few. Always intrigued, but never quite convinced. Unfortunately, initial reviews are not great. It currently sits at a 67 on metacritic after 16 reviews. 

MS just bought Compulsion Games and will likely be adding talent and doing some firing, so maybe Compulsion Games’ next game will be better.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/we-happy-few/critic-reviews

I’m not sure if State of Decay 2 or Sea of Thieves make you assume that, but good luck.

Kinda sad to see this game fail. It looked very promising from the concept and art style, but none of the previews said it fulfilled its promise back then. Unfortunately even a lot of extra time in the oven did change that, as it seems.

Around the Network

I'm not surprised. The trailers always looked fantastic, but when they showed gameplay a year or so ago pretty much everyone was like "Oh, thats what this game is?". I was hoping that the extra time would help iron out those issues, but it looks that that isn't how it happened.

I'm watching people play it on twitch and it looks fun. I love the atmosphere.

Mid sixties for review scores? Good.

Every year has its game from an entirely unknown developer that gets hyped for months only to be another letdown.

And its annoying.

JRPGfan said:

66 meta.....

What the heck is wrong with MS studios?

Ryse = 60
Recore = 63
Super Lucy Tale = 64
Sea of Theives = 69
State of decay = 67

Now "we happy few" gets a 66? jebus.

And "sea of theives" got a free pass or something, its rated higher than it should be.

Sea of thieves is a worse business model then COD and Fifa. It's basically a demo with no real content or gameplay. 

As for the games by MS studios, it's understandable given their focus on gears/halo/forza. Many of the games have good concepts, but have been steered into the wrong direction.

shikamaru317 said:
Out of all the studios that MS announced they had acquired at E3 I found Compulsion to be the strangest choice. Fact is their first game, Contrast, only got a 62 meta, and now we have We Happy Few sitting at a 66 meta. That is not a very good track record. I feel like MS is going to need to layoff some people and then make some smart hiring choices if they want to remold them into a good 1st party studio that can at least hit 80+ on meta.

Looking at what people are praising most about this game, I am betting Microsoft bought them cause of their story telling skills.