By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So Canada VS Saudi Arabia...

massimus said:
EricHiggin said:
How is it possible that nobody has pointed out yet that this is obviously all Trumps fault? He's at the core of all wrongdoing in the world. The msm proves it everyday...

We are a nation that picks friendly fights with places like SA, where we rely on a bunch of their oil, and have endless amounts of oil ourselves, yet after mining it, sends it off to be refined elsewhere, then buys it back at exorbitant prices. When we try to keep the entire process here, certain Provinces get in the way and screw the Country over.

We are a nation that points out how it's oppressive for other nations to force woman to cover themselves, yet trying to ban burkas/hijabs/niqabs here in our own Country, is also somehow oppressive to woman.

We are a nation that tries to sweep Muslim wrongdoings that happen here under the table as much as possible, and don't bother reporting on many Muslim incidents in the U.S. either, yet we are more than happy to point out the problems they have in the Middle East, based on our values.

No wonder SA is calling our bluff. Some may say they are going overboard, and I would agree based on the CN Tower plane tweet, but otherwise, this may very well be extremely meaningful to their Country and culture, so they wouldn't be crossing the line from their point of view.

Some of the blow back from SA is BS as well, but the main point of mind your own business, I can't deny. It's one thing to try and use a public platform to help gain yourself some traction with an agenda, it's another to keep pushing that agenda when you've clearly been warned.

SA loves Trump. Trump is crushing Iran behind closed doors. The Iranian people are getting feisty, it’s death to dictator now, not death to America. The msm proves nothing, the twitter crusade means nothing. It’s not reality, it’s a sideshow of oddities. 

I was being sarcastic about Trump, hence the ... instead of showing any legit proof. I see now how that could be misleading since that's typically how the msm and left actually roll.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
Aeolus451 said:
Not surprising since they are moderates and all. I hope Trump stays out of it and perhaps Canada can see the value of having a military.

Canada has a military, and one that is fairly proportionate to their population in terms of manpower and spending. They don't need a trillion dollar defense budget.

Maybe a token military. That's because they're America's hat. They don't need to do much with a giant as a friend or neighbor.

As a general rule, matching your military/military spending to your population/GDP is useful during relatively peaceful times but it's not wise for when trouble is brewing. It should scale up to what's happening. It's mainly why the nazis tore through Europe with relative ease.

This country has a military, and if that pussy in office wants something done. I suggest he put his big boy socks on and physically fight for the rights of those women. This is why we enlist, to protect freedom of those around the world.
We got our own oil, we got tons of unemployed workers who would sure love to dig some oil for our country!.
I don't care how many people die, just who dies, and it better be the dictators living in the middle east. I don't believe in spending $30 billion a year if we're not gonna at least kick a little ass.

DA is looking for trouble. If they attack Canada they're fucked.

TheBird said:
This country has a military, and if that pussy in office wants something done. I suggest he put his big boy socks on and physically fight for the rights of those women. This is why we enlist, to protect freedom of those around the world.
We got our own oil, we got tons of unemployed workers who would sure love to dig some oil for our country!.
I don't care how many people die, just who dies, and it better be the dictators living in the middle east. I don't believe in spending $30 billion a year if we're not gonna at least kick a little ass.

Are you sure you're Canadian? Only about one of the eight things you said here are espousing traditionally Canadian values. You're a little too bloodthirsty for me to call an ally. 

Around the Network

I wouldn't expect anything different from Saudi Arabia.

Alara317 said:
TheBird said:

Are you sure you're Canadian? Only about one of the eight things you said here are espousing traditionally Canadian values. You're a little too bloodthirsty for me to call an ally. 

While Canada exists well to the left of the United States on aggregate, we do have our share of extremely erm... right wing people. 

Canada! Canada! Canada!

Seriously, this whole thing is fucking stupid.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

These assholes can't talk about human rights, really, just today, they crucified a man in Mecca. The man was an asshole, but at least don't execute in public.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-08/saudi-arabia-crucifies-man-city-mecca

Well Canada lost a little of it's no one hates Canada?

But I would like to see more of feminists going to Arabic countries protest against prejudice there instead of saying islamic law is good for woman.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."