By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So can we finally put this to rest?

It's a shame this game is just a port, because they seem to be adding a ton of new content to it.



Around the Network

Oh mystery mode please please please be a SSE-like single player mode!



The_Liquid_Laser said:
It's a shame this game is just a port, because they seem to be adding a ton of new content to it.

Like how Xenoverse 2 on Switch is a port of Xenoverse 1, just with an entire new game added to it along side the original story missions.  ;)



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Mar1217 said:
mZuzek said:

It's called "Spirits", by the way. 

Edit: I guess the trend of characters dying in the trailers isn't just for show.

We don't know the full name yet, but I think it might be kind of a mixture between Classic/Adventure/Story modes

And to answer the OP, there was not much to question in it's authenticity as a brand new Smash game. It was aanounced as Smash 5, then it is.

Add a proper adventure mode to Smash Ultimate, alongside the obscene amount of content in terms of characters, stages, musical tracks, modes, and mechanics, and this could be a game for the ages :)



Shiken said:
bigtakilla said:

Eh, pretty petty if you ask me. But your fun is your fun. We've all had our moments.

Petty?  Nah, just fun as you stated.

 

Besides, I have no problem admitting that I too have been served crow during my time here.  Hell I was on the half of the site that had to have a crow avatar for a month due to a lost bet on the Switch release date.  So nothing personal.  =)

You stated you couldn't resist serving crow, that's pretty petty.

But I also took a little pleasure in doing the same when people were saying XCX looked like a PS2 game. I mean, I didn't make a thread about it or nothing, but I did spam the thread stating it was with pics of the obvious improvements even when compared to Final Fantasy XIII when one or two would have sufficed.



Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Shiken said:

Petty?  Nah, just fun as you stated.

 

Besides, I have no problem admitting that I too have been served crow during my time here.  Hell I was on the half of the site that had to have a crow avatar for a month due to a lost bet on the Switch release date.  So nothing personal.  =)

You stated you couldn't resist serving crow, that's pretty petty.

But I also took a little pleasure in doing the same when people were saying XCX looked like a PS2 game. I mean, I didn't make a thread about it or nothing, but I did spam the thread stating it was with pics of the obvious improvements even when compared to Final Fantasy XIII when one or two would have sufficed.

We all have our moments 😂



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
bigtakilla said:

You stated you couldn't resist serving crow, that's pretty petty.

But I also took a little pleasure in doing the same when people were saying XCX looked like a PS2 game. I mean, I didn't make a thread about it or nothing, but I did spam the thread stating it was with pics of the obvious improvements even when compared to Final Fantasy XIII when one or two would have sufficed.

We all have our moments 😂

Indeed, lol.



Veknoid_Outcast said:
Mar1217 said:

We don't know the full name yet, but I think it might be kind of a mixture between Classic/Adventure/Story modes

And to answer the OP, there was not much to question in it's authenticity as a brand new Smash game. It was aanounced as Smash 5, then it is.

Add a proper adventure mode to Smash Ultimate, alongside the obscene amount of content in terms of characters, stages, musical tracks, modes, and mechanics, and this could be a game for the ages :)

This is already a game for the ages, quite literally. But I get what you mean.



I don't consider it a port but I can understand some of the confusion from seeing some of the devs' nonsensical comments about smash ports.



There are still people that are saying this is a port, I just encountered them. And it baffles me. New characters, music, stages, improved visuals, models, rendering engine, animations, move sets, modes, a new dashboard and there's still modes and characters and stages we don't know about yet. This game is definitely not a port, and it's well worth $60 just with the info we have alone.