By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So can we finally put this to rest?

Aeolus451 said:
I don't consider it a port but I can understand some of the confusion from seeing some of the devs' nonsensical comments about smash ports.

Such as?

Around the Network

There are still doubters out there, but it’s fine. They just don’t know any better.

At this point anybody who still thinks this is a port is just unwilling to accept to be wrong. Which is stupid. And you can't argue against stupid.

StarDoor said:
Aeolus451 said:
I don't consider it a port but I can understand some of the confusion from seeing some of the devs' nonsensical comments about smash ports.

Such as?

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/12/nintendo-on-why-ultimate-is-a-new-smash-bros-and-not-a-port

The first few answers is what I'm talking about. They consider things that are clearly ports as new entries. It just causes confusion because the term has a set meaning but they're making up their own interpretation of it. It would be like Bethesda counting all of their Skyrim ports as new entries into the main series just because they had to tweak some stuff.

Ljink96 said:
There are still people that are saying this is a port, I just encountered them. And it baffles me. New characters, music, stages, improved visuals, models, rendering engine, animations, move sets, modes, a new dashboard and there's still modes and characters and stages we don't know about yet. This game is definitely not a port, and it's well worth $60 just with the info we have alone.

At this point, it is evident that those people are not fans of Nintendo in general and will try to downplay every quality game they put out.  It is inevitable, but at least now they look laughably stupid.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I originally thought it was going to be a very roubst and somewhat retouched port, but the days passed and it became clear it was genuine, new entry. Today's Direct just made this a formality.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

@AlfredoTurkey

I look forward to seeing how you plan to argue against this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Intelligent people agreed ever since the announcement of SSB Ultimate. If you want agreement from everyone, then you simply expect too much.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Intelligent people agreed ever since the announcement of SSB Ultimate. If you want agreement from everyone, then you simply expect too much.

I do not expect it, but I will shout it from the rooftops for my own amusement.

*proceeds grilling crow for those who still deny the truth*

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
RolStoppable said:

I do not expect it, but I will shout it from the rooftops for my own amusement.

*proceeds grilling crow for those who still deny the truth*

Here's a picture of Dedede joining you in your amusement

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909