By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oldest game that still looks great: Dragon's Lair (1983)

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I don't know why but I hated the Dragon's Lair for SNES.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Plok (SNES)

HoloDust said:
TomaTito said:

Oh yeah, and someone mentioned Commandos:

Those prerendered iso games really stood the test of time quite well:

Best of all, they had low system requirements. Commandos ran great on my Pentium 200 megahertz

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

DonFerrari said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I don't know why but I hated the Dragon's Lair for SNES.

The game has had its share of really terrible ports over the years.  The arcade original still looks great though.

Around the Network

In general I find that a lot of SNES, Gamecube, and original Xbox games hold up very nicely today.

The 5th gen has aged less gracefully, as the teething days of 3D graphics resulted in a lot of low framerates and crude assets, but some 2D games of that era are still beautiful. That said, I can still play and enjoy games like Banjo Kazooie, Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, etc.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 August 2018

curl-6 said:

In general I find that a lot of SNES, Gamecube, and original Xbox games hold up very nicely today.

The 5th gen has aged less gracefully, as the teething days of 3D graphics resulted in a lot of low framerates and crude assets, but some 2D games of that era are still beautiful. That said, I can still play and enjoy games like Banjo Kazooie, Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, etc.

And lot of poly wobbling on PS1...which, admittedly, can be fixed in emulators.

CaptainExplosion said:

TruckOSaurus said:

Mega Man X4 (such a good game too!)

Except for the voice acting, and Iris' death (Did she REALLY need to die for the story?!).

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?

Signature goes here!

I know they've already been said, but Starfox Adventures and F-Zero GX really did look incredible for their time, and in my opinion to this day. And both were 60fps to boot.

Zone of the Enders The Second Runner is timeless.