By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games 2 and 3 on the Spyro Ignited Trilogy to be download/digital only

KManX89 said:
zippy said:
Stupid Nintendo, fancy going down the cartridge route, you are restricting third parties......oh hold on a minute.

IKR? N64 didn't have any trouble getting third party support with its carts. Metal Gear Solid 1, Dino Crisis 1 & 2, Tekken 1-3, Final Fantasy 7-9, Tomb Raider 1-3, Silent Hill, Legacy of Kain, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Resident Evil 1 & 3, they all made their way onto the N64 no prob... oh wait!

(This is just me taking a jab at thinking that the two situations are in any way comparable, in case you haven't noticed.)

Not sure how you interpreted my post, but I was having a jab at the publisher not being able to use the old cartridge excuse for their shitty practice's.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
potato_hamster said:

thanks for the asinine LMGTFY link. I AM talking about the subject at hand. How on earth is pointing out that games publishers have been doing this exact thing for years and was never met with any resistance have nothing to with the subject at hand? Is the thread supposed to be filled with everyone acting like they're now not going to buy this game over Activision's decision when they have almost definitely bought games in the past that did the exact same thing? Why is it such a problem to point how how willy it is that people are just complaining about this established, common industry practice now?

And that's a false analogy. Essentially what I'm arguing is that there are dozens and dozen of people that have been stabbed to death over the years and no one gave two shits save for a handful of people, but in the last couple months, two more people got stabbed to death the exact same way, are acting like no one has been stabbed before in the history of mankind. Activision has every right to be confused why suddenly, after all of these years of the game industry doing this and not even getting so much as a whimper out of the consumer base that suddenly now everyone is acting like Activision ran over their dog.

Sure the practice is bad, but that ship has lonnnnnnng sailed. If this was something the games community was going to take a stand on, they picked a completely and utterly random time to do it. To be perfectly clear - I don't think it's great or even fine that publishers do this. I never have. But after years of seeing it, and seeing millions of people buy games that feature it, I no longer think this is worthy of any bit of outrage. The mountain has been eroded into a molehill by mass consumer acceptance.

Sorry, phisical collector here.. And as far as I remember besides asinine day 1 patches (but you can play without it) the only game that had any part needed to download was a digital bonus for Twisted Metal and the like. Everything else was totally in the disk to plug and play as long as I didn't bother with any possible glitch or bug.

I'm a physical collector as well. I have listed multiple examples that I have experienced personally. There are even more I could list that I have not. Surely you don't subscribe to the notion that "if something hasn't affected me, it hasn't affected anyone" notion.

potato_hamster said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry, phisical collector here.. And as far as I remember besides asinine day 1 patches (but you can play without it) the only game that had any part needed to download was a digital bonus for Twisted Metal and the like. Everything else was totally in the disk to plug and play as long as I didn't bother with any possible glitch or bug.

I'm a physical collector as well. I have listed multiple examples that I have experienced personally. There are even more I could list that I have not. Surely you don't subscribe to the notion that "if something hasn't affected me, it hasn't affected anyone" notion.

Yes I agree that I don't subscribe to it.

I just answered because you seemed to be generalizing on people accepting this practice and buying... but ok I understand that wasn't really you intention.

But I don't think it have become something remotely common to on BD launch a 3 on 1 package where 2/3 you have to download (and I had forgot about that crazy GOW collection where the PSP and or PSVita games needed to be downloaded, although I believe that case the BD was full already right?).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zippy said:
KManX89 said:

IKR? N64 didn't have any trouble getting third party support with its carts. Metal Gear Solid 1, Dino Crisis 1 & 2, Tekken 1-3, Final Fantasy 7-9, Tomb Raider 1-3, Silent Hill, Legacy of Kain, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Resident Evil 1 & 3, they all made their way onto the N64 no prob... oh wait!

(This is just me taking a jab at thinking that the two situations are in any way comparable, in case you haven't noticed.)

Not sure how you interpreted my post, but I was having a jab at the publisher not being able to use the old cartridge excuse for their shitty practice's.

The difference is, a standard blu-ray disc can hold all 3 Spyro games on it without any problems, Switch carts can't hold every Mega Man X game on them without opting for more expensive higher-capacity carts in the case of MMXL Collection 1 & 2. 

While still a dick move, it's more understandable than Activi$ion only putting one Spyro game on the disc and making you download the other two in a PHYSICAL collection. There's a reason why the PS4 and XB1 versions have both Mega Man X Legacy collections on the disc.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 07 August 2018