By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games 2 and 3 on the Spyro Ignited Trilogy to be download/digital only

Wow, Activi$ion strikes again, I guess I can mark this game off my radar. Forcing downloads of entire games that you bought physically is some next level bullshit.

Now us PS4 and XB1 owners know how you Switch owners feel about the second game in the Mega Man X Legacy and Resident Evil: Revelations collections being digital-only, but at least with those, devs have the excuse of not wanting to spend more on higher-capacity cartridges. This shit shouldn't be happening with discs. It's exactly why the N64 never got so many prominent third party games on the PS1. 

Around the Network

What's the file size of the game for all three?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Yikes...that's odd... if these are standard dual layered blu-rays then what they're saying is...Spyro 1 is probably 50GB? Maybe they're anticipating a day 1 patch for game 2 and 3? That's the best turnout I could think of.

Sweeet. I like this and hope it becomes the norm for all physical games. @OP. The Vita had this with FFX/X-2. Part of the reason it's one of my most cherished games.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:
Sweeet. I like this and hope it becomes the norm for all physical games. @OP. The Vita had this with FFX/X-2. Part of the reason it's one of my most cherished games.

... I don't get it. The point of physical games is that you don't have to download them, that's sort of, y'know, one of the HUGE advantages... why would you praise something like this? Especially when all three Crash games fit on one disc, yet Spyro can't? o.O

Can I use the sarcasm font on VGC? I don't even know. If I could though, I would never use it. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Excitement gone.

Wait...are the games really too big to fit on a Blu-Ray? I doubt it...

I wonder what's the reason for this 

I’ll be the troll and joke maybe they wanted to have it be the same as a potential Switch version.

In reality, maybe they saw Crapcom has been getting away with it and thought they could give it a shot.

Lame. I hope it bombs now.

So why can't they fit the games on one disc? this is obviously bad for people with poor internet connection or people completely without it. They should just put the games on three separate disc if size is the problem.