By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games 2 and 3 on the Spyro Ignited Trilogy to be download/digital only

I pre-ordered the game digitally anyways but what’s their reasoning for this?

Around the Network

I mean... is it really that bad? On PS4/One you have to install the full game anyways xD

There is no way all three games can't fit on a Blu-Ray disc, this is stupid

Vodacixi said:
I mean... is it really that bad? On PS4/One you have to install the full game anyways xD

I think mostly people are confused as to why it's necessary. Are the games really that big? I doubt it.

Besides, many buyers of physical games like the idea that you'll be able to access your games regardless of servers. If the Spyro trilogy is removed from the servers in 10 years you'll only be able to play the first game even though you're supposed to have a physical copy of the "trilogy".

And there goes my pre order for this game!
Bullshit practise

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Wow, Activision pulled a Capcom there. XD

But really, the only thing they are doing here is hurting people who prefer retail over digital, and they will eventually learn that doesn't translate into more digital sales but overall loss of customers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wow, Activision pulled a Capcom there. XD

But really, the only thing they are doing here is hurting people who prefer retail over digital, and they will eventually learn that doesn't translate into more digital sales but overall loss of customers.

Exactly. In this instance, I'll have to bend over though. I'm too much of a sucker for Spyro.

But still, this news is a bit of a bummer.

Strange but doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have plenty of room on my ps4.

Is this a try to lower the resale value?

hentai_11 said:
Is this a try to lower the resale value?

No because it isn't a code, you just need to download an update to play 2/3. Used copies will have everything still.

The only reason for it I can think of is 2/3 won't be ready in time for printing onto the discs, and they need the time from it going gold to actual release date to get them sorted, cannot think of any other reason.

They probably found some game breaking bug on 2/3 and decided I was best to disable them unless to downloaded the patch that fixes it.