By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games 2 and 3 on the Spyro Ignited Trilogy to be download/digital only

Stupid greedy ba$stards!... HOW MUCH MORE they need??
I guess i ll pass...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Good thing that the Switch version will come later. Will have all three games on the game card.

Yeah I don't think so, lol

HintHRO said:
RolStoppable said:
Good thing that the Switch version will come later. Will have all three games on the game card.

lol

Guess i'll wait till it hits the bargain bin

RolStoppable said:
HintHRO said:

You forgot to post the most applicable example: Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.

Of which the other versions were on one disc as well. I have yet to see a game on one Switch cartridge and not on one blu-ray the other consoles. How is that even possible when a blu-ray disc has more memory than the Switch itself?

Last edited by HintHRO - on 03 August 2018

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
HintHRO said:

Of which the other versions were on one disc as well. I have yet to see a game on one Switch cartridge and not on one blu-ray the other consoles. How is that even possible when a blu-ray disc has way more memory than the Switch itself?

Because the reason why the Spyro trilogy requires downloads is not a space issue, but a time issue; namely that the games won't be finished by the time the discs get printed. A Switch version that comes later won't have this problem, because by then the games will be done.

No. The games are already done.

Activision representative: “The global launch date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Sept. 21; and we’re excited for fans to play all three reignited games on that day.''

HintHRO said:
RolStoppable said:

Because the reason why the Spyro trilogy requires downloads is not a space issue, but a time issue; namely that the games won't be finished by the time the discs get printed. A Switch version that comes later won't have this problem, because by then the games will be done.

Activision representative: “The global launch date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Sept. 21; and we’re excited for fans to play all three reignited games on that day.''

No he's right, it's the only logical reason. They need the time from the game going gold to being released to fix bugs and put finishing touches on Spyro 2/3, thus you need a day one patch to play those games.

They will all launch on September 21st, but the discs are usually printed 4 weeks before, and they need those 4 weeks to get Spyro 2/3 finished up.

I've done some thinking over this issue and i think people are getting the wrong idea of what is really going on here. The game has already gone gold so they have to release a patch to fix issues with the other two games. so instead of delaying the game for everyone they decided to just do a day one patch so those people wanting to play it on september 21st will be able to do so, and later they'll release another version of the game with all the updates installed. Now i know Activision is known for some pretty scummy business practices but i honestly think this whole situation is people just jumping to conclusions just because it's Activision.

Barkley said:
HintHRO said:

No he's right, it's the only logical reason. They need the time from the game going gold to being released to fix bugs and put finishing touches on Spyro 2/3, thus you need a day one patch to play those games.

They will all launch on September 21st, but the discs are usually printed 4 weeks before, and they need those 4 weeks to get Spyro 2/3 finished up.

Sounds like a stupid and unnecessary decision which will only result in criticism and bad image for the company. If the other two games are so close to completion, then it is no big deal to delay the whole package by one month. It has been done before multiple times. 

HintHRO said:
Barkley said:

Sounds like a stupid and unnecessary decision which will only result in criticism and bad image for the company. If the other two games are so close to completion, then it is no big deal to delay the whole package by one month. It has been done before multiple times. 

Is that such a good Idea though? There are big titles releasing in October. Call of Duty black ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption just to name a few. Spyro would have to compete with those. It's better to release the game in september where it will have better presence. 

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 04 August 2018