By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2018 NPD: PS4 #1 console, Mario Tennis Aces #1 software

Mario Tennis aces doing way better than I thought it would. Im glad, much more effort put into this one than previous entries.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
animegaming said:

Holiday 2018 is gonna be crazy, I can see a bunch of records being broken this holidays. 

Yeah, especially if Nintendo and Sony do holiday bundles/temporary price drops and push out enough stock to keep supply available.

Yeah I can see Nintendo making a black friday bundle that cost $300 and includes either BOTW or Odyssey and Sony making a black friday bundle that cost $250 and includes either Spider-Man or God of War.

Those would fly of shelf's. 

Now ps4 has 5 Npds of 6 in 2018.

NES Classic got the # 1 spot

animegaming said:
Megiddo said:

Yeah, especially if Nintendo and Sony do holiday bundles/temporary price drops and push out enough stock to keep supply available.

Yeah I can see Nintendo making a black friday bundle that cost $300 and includes either BOTW or Odyssey and Sony making a black friday bundle that cost $250 and includes either Spider-Man or God of War.

Does Nintendo do BF deals?

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
animegaming said:

Not as frequently or as aggressive as the others but yes they do sometimes

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Random_Matt said:
animegaming said:

They have before, the most aggressive I remember was the Wii U bundled with Splatoon and Smash bros for $250 in 2015. I purchased immediately lol.

Random_Matt said:
animegaming said:

They do them for the 3DS. Like last year they sold a green 2DS with Ocarina of Time 3DS for 80 dollars. 

Why all of a sudden Mat stopped magicporks hardware leaks? It wasn't exact numbers anyway. They were better than his confusing hardware spins making everything seem like it's doing well.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Green098 said:

NES Classic at #1 in units.

Wow, probably one of Nintendo's best product ideas.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/11011288/

Wow, so PS4 is number 1 only in revenue, but not in numbers sold? I saw it doing well, but never expected that well.

flashfire926 said: 
I think it's pretty much a given PS4 will take July, August, and September, cleanly. Starting from October things get a little iffy with Super Mario Party and Forza Horizon 4 launching in those months. Then in November there is Pokemon for Switch, but Xbox/PS4 will have crazy BF deals, so that remains to be seen....

PS4 will take July and August? With what?

from the looks of it, PS4 won June mostly because of the Days of Play PS4 console and some momentum carryover from previous month. Both Switch and XBO sales came pretty close since with the Info we have they have to be around 300k each and thus not far behind Sony's console. The PS4 however will not be able to keep that momentum due to a severe drought in the release calendar for this summer, there's nothing really until Spiderman hits the shelves in September. It's actually not impossible for the PS4 to be overtaken by both the Switch and the XBO in those two months. September should go to the PS4, though.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 01 August 2018