By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2018 NPD: PS4 #1 console, Mario Tennis Aces #1 software

PS4 will win all NPD for another one year, apart from 1 month maybe, not sure about Nov or Dec. Mark my words.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:
flashfire926 said:
I think it's pretty much a given PS4 will take July, August, and September, cleanly. Starting from October things get a little iffy with Super Mario Party and Forza Horizon 4 launching in those months. Then in November there is Pokemon for Switch, but Xbox/PS4 will have crazy BF deals, so that remains to be seen....

Switch will win july, we got an sales insider at the resetera forum saying this and a ndp predictor tool here on vgchartz giving the same prophecy. Hopefully ps4 will win but it's unlikely.

I think ps4 still has a good chance, prediction tool had xbox doing bad in june yet it was very close to switch  sales wise, as for the insider well i wouldn't put too much stock in what he says based off his history.

quickrick said:
I still can't believe switch/xbox did so well, i'm starting to think the market is starting to grow again in a big way.

So Switch sold this June around 100k units more than did last years June, also it seems that July will be also quite stronger than last years. 

Don't forget our bets.  ;) 

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:
I still can't believe switch/xbox did so well, i'm starting to think the market is starting to grow again in a big way.

So Switch sold this June around 100k units more than did last years June, also it seems that July will be also quite stronger than last years. 

Don't forget our bets.  ;) 

it has to beat last year numbers by 100k for you to win, till August right? I don't see that happening.

Noobie said:
animegaming said:
I might expand on this later, but here's who I think will take each month for the rest of the year.

July: Switch

August: Switch

September: PS4

October: PS4

November: PS4

December: Switch

November usually goes to the one who have best deals and most stock during Black Friday. Sony with its new focus on profitability is less aggressive in Holiday season. So i doubt Sony will win November. October is also questionable but if Sony has a COD bundle it might take it. 

The reason why I think Sony is going to take home October is well, take a guess who has the marketing rights for RDR2? Yeah Sony winning October just for having Red Dead on it. Plus I think that effect will carry over into November and if they do have a black friday bundle includes say either God of War or Spider-Man for a good price, that would fly off shelf's. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Trumpstyle said:

Switch will win july, we got an sales insider at the resetera forum saying this and a ndp predictor tool here on vgchartz giving the same prophecy. Hopefully ps4 will win but it's unlikely.

I think ps4 still has a good chance, prediction tool had xbox doing bad in june yet it was very close to switch  sales wise, as for the insider well i wouldn't put too much stock in what he says based off his history.

Lmao your doing this again? He got one month wrong land even then he said these were his thoughts not what would defo happen.

quickrick said:
Trumpstyle said:

We got another sales insider at resetera forum saying there is a great amount of ps4 pro shortages for july month, Sony must have messed up something.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

quickrick said:
Trumpstyle said:

While XBO tracking of the prediction tool has been off a bit, the PS4-Switch ratio has always been right on point. And while I think that the difference will probably not be as big as the tool suggests, I'm still sure Switch will win July in a landslide.

Trumpstyle said:
quickrick said:

We got another sales insider at resetera forum saying there is a great amount of ps4 pro shortages for july month, Sony must have messed up something.

Not the first time this year Sony has messed up it's supply. It's almost as if they don't want to sell more than their expected 16M for the FY.

Soundwave said:
Mid-Gen refreshes have been a huge success IMO. XBox One being double this year and on track for its best year ever is mainly due to XBox One X.

PS4 not seeing the usual decline you would expect to see in a system in year 5 IMO also points to PS4 Pro helping offset usual hardware fatigue.

People who said this idea wouldn't work, would splinter the market, wouldn't sell, etc. were wrong.

100% true.

animegaming said:
quickrick said:
June was a very impressive month for switch, i guess E3, gamestop promotion, and fortnite gave it a nice boost. ps4 is also very impressive, last year it sold around 220k, don't know what's going on this year in june and why hardware is so much higher, industry seems to be thriving.

The God of War effect + hype for Spider-Man and Last of Us Part 2 from E3 I think are the key reasons why PS4 took June. 

I doubt 2 and 3 have anything to do with why the PS4 took june.

I'm sorry... but isn't the NES Classic like $80 or something?

And just to be clear, are we now comparing it to/grouping it with current generation console sales?