By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Bans CNN Corespondant from Open Press Event

SpokenTruth said:
coolbeans said:

If you have to "imagine" that then that just shows you didn't really keep tabs on him.

-https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obamas-feud-with-fox-news/

All other news outlets had to stand in solidarity with FOX when Obama tried something similar in his first term.

-https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/documents-show-obama-white-house-attacked-excluded-fox-news-channel/

Also...

-https://freebeacon.com/issues/state-department-ejects-free-beacon-reporter-from-briefing/

So you have

1). Obama appearing on several Sunday news programs except Fox.
2). A denial for Fox to interview a US Department of Treasury bailout compensation coordinator  - "we’d prefer if you skip Fox please.”
3). And the removal of a reporter from a Vienna hotel room who didn't have US media credentials.

And you say that's equitable to actively barring a journalist from a press conference?

We see this in these threads all the time.  Its like the people who post the links do not actually expect people to read them.  Its the same with the videos they post where you can clearly see them being edited, cut short or do not include the question or follow up questions.  Its a very old tactic when providing misinformation and Trump uses it a lot.  You throw out a video and some links without context hoping no one actually view or read them.

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
massimus said:

CNN is free to make stories of all of the other journalists in the meeting. They can take photos from outside the doors and then cry about for a week lmao.

Attending a whitehouse conference doesn’t have anything to do with freedom of the press as law and banning an organization from meetings doesn’t make the country any less free. What law did Trump break by doing this? He doesn’t have to have press meetings at all if he doesn’t want to. Your claim is out there is all I’m saying. 

Whether or not it's against the law isn't really the point. If it was against the law, then I would like to think something would be done about it. Trump handles situations by banning, firing, or replacing people that disagree with him.

I'm not big into politics myself, but it worries me to see a president that is incapable of admitting when he is wrong. If something doesn't work out, Trump always points a finger, and never takes responsibility for his actions. He would go so far as to take credit for something that wasn't his doing, and the only thing he seems to care about is his position of power.

I think Trump thrives on making people upset with him. Many of his tweets seem to instigate and provoke. Trump is an old man, and perhaps he is bored with life, and to him, it's exciting to stir the pot at the expense of the American people. I truly believe that Trump wants to be the "bad guy".

It is the point to his point. Infringing on freedoms is illegal and he’s not American so I explained it. Freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly and association. These freedoms are protected from government persecution. We are not any less free because some asshole at CNN got the boot. Why would he have people in his cabinet that don’t agree with his agenda? Why would he keep Obama’s holdovers? You are criticizing him for something every president does. They put people in place that advance their agenda.

You are fine to think that way but it doesn’t really have anything to do with what I said. He just admitted he was wrong with the tariffs and I’m happy he changed his mind.

The people he makes angry are already angry. Most of them are pathetic and don’t have a sense of humor. He does purposely agitate though, no disagreement from me. Let’s not pretend he’s the only one throwing spit balls though. No president in our history has ever been treated like Donald trump, I don’t blame him for defending himself.

CaptainExplosion said:
Ljink96 said:

This is really not a good look for Trump and the Republican party. Anyone who seems to oppose him or finds dirt on him is promptly fired, impeached, or banned. Sound a lot like another individual we know that Trump bows down to. When the press is considered an "enemy" to the President, there's something wrong going on upstairs. What's so messed up about this is that she's asking real questions that need to be answered, and to shrug her off and just say "fake news" like the brainless president Trump is, it's very concerning. Step by step this clown has accelerated the crash course for America and what we stand for.

Edit: Where the hell is John Oliver when you need him. I need a dose of sanity.

Don't know, but I hope John Oliver sees this.

If America were a TRUE democracy Trump would've been removed from office by now.

That's just it America isn't a democracy. We are a democratic republic. Our ancestors knew that giving people direct democracy wasn't trust worthy because people don't know enough. As you've demonstrated by not knowing one of the simplest things about this country. Now imagine millions and millions of people as uneducated as your are about ourgovernment directly voting on things? We'd quickly lose everything we've gained in this country. I don't say this just to single you out either I myself have a lot to learn when it comes to this as well which is why I'm thankful we don't have a straight democracy. 

method114 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Don't know, but I hope John Oliver sees this.

If America were a TRUE democracy Trump would've been removed from office by now.

That's just it America isn't a democracy. We are a democratic republic. Our ancestors knew that giving people direct democracy wasn't trust worthy because people don't know enough. As you've demonstrated by not knowing one of the simplest things about this country. Now imagine millions and millions of people as uneducated as your are about ourgovernment directly voting on things? We'd quickly lose everything we've gained in this country. I don't say this just to single you out either I myself have a lot to learn when it comes to this as well which is why I'm thankful we don't have a straight democracy. 

"As you've demonstrated by not knowing one of the simplest things about this country. Now imagine millions and millions of people as uneducated as your are about ourgovernment directly voting on things?"

I can:

SpokenTruth said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Ahh.. So I guess THIS is now the issue everyone's gonna blow completely out of proportion and lose their shit over, until next week when Trump sneezes on a foreign leader, then everyone will completely forget about this and rant about that, claiming it to be the Apocalypse or the second coming of Hitler. Remember that children in cages thing? The Putin thing? Seems like ages ago already, doesn't it? That's because everybody already forgot about it and moved on to the next thing, essentially - what the media instructs everyone to focus on and be mad at now..

Just so damn sick of the Trump hysteria, day after day, week after freaking week, and every week it's something else. I think I might have to filter out political threads here. I get enough Trump hysteria and propaganda shoved down my throat on practically a daily basis as is. I kinda come here to escape that crap..

Then.....why do you open the threads and read them?   Do you read every single thread?

o_O.Q said:

"the right went nuts about it.  Here, you guys"

you should be banned for this slanderous bullshit but regardless

Do we not see the slippery slope we are peering over right now?  You have your skis on and are ready to go. Shall we back away from the ledge?

o_O.Q said:

a free press does not mean that they have free reign to go anywhere they want.... if i accused you of being a russian spy, does that give the press the right to invade your home to gather evidence?

How did you even get to this conclusion?  How does supporting not banning of a news reporter equate to supporting being able to invade a home for information?

"Do we not see the slippery slope we are peering over right now?  You have your skis on and are ready to go. Shall we back away from the ledge?"

with regards to what? i mean i understand that because of the media you are under the impression that america is under the grip of a fascist totalitarian regime, but that's not reality... so... what do you expect me to say?

i called your post slanderous btw because you associated me with the right when really i am a classical liberal

"How does supporting not banning of a news reporter equate to supporting being able to invade a home for information?"

the president is able to have boundaries with regards to the press within reason

lets say obama was still president, would you be saying the same thing if alex jones demanded an interview?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
method114 said:

"As you've demonstrated by not knowing one of the simplest things about this country. Now imagine millions and millions of people as uneducated as your are about ourgovernment directly voting on things?"

I can:

What are you trying to accomplish with this post? It doesn't seem in any way constructive.

I think the initial poster you are alluding to is a tad over the top when it comes to his Trump comments but just outright insulting him doesn't benefit anyone... Apart from maybe making you feel superior..?

This is especially rich coming from someone who has already suggested that another user be banned for generalising earlier in this very thread.

EDIT:

Also, if you want to look at education levels in the context of the election, then Trump doesn't fare too well...

"Trump voters have low education levels."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681319/7-surprising-graphics-about-Trump-voters.html

"In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

Last edited by Biggerboat1 - on 27 July 2018

CNN, one of the most fake media outlets in the world.
I can understand he gets sick of them when they constantly twist every word he says.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 27 July 2018

SpokenTruth said:
o_O.Q said:

"Do we not see the slippery slope we are peering over right now?  You have your skis on and are ready to go. Shall we back away from the ledge?"

1). with regards to what? i mean i understand that because of the media you are under the impression that america is under the grip of a fascist totalitarian regime, but that's not reality... so... what do you expect me to say?

2). i called your post slanderous btw because you associated me with the right when really i am a classical liberal

"How does supporting not banning of a news reporter equate to supporting being able to invade a home for information?"

3). the president is able to have boundaries with regards to the press within reason

4). lets say obama was still president, would you be saying the same thing if alex jones demanded an interview?

1). You talk of me being slanderous and then you slander?

2). Slander requires that I specify someone and that it damages their reputation. I did not say o_O.Q is a member of the right wing nor do my posts here have any bearing on your reputation.

3). That doesn't answer my question.  How does supporting not banning of a news reporter equate to supporting being able to invade a home for information?

4). Alex Jones does not have White House or Congressional media credentials. And demanding an interview is not the same thing as covering a press conference.

"1). You talk of me being slanderous and then you slander?"

misinterpretations happen when you are needlessly vague

""Do we not see the slippery slope we are peering over right now?  You have your skis on and are ready to go. Shall we back away from the ledge?""

you haven't explained what you are referring to here... and given the context my interpretation was accurate imo

"I did not say o_O.Q is a member of the right wing nor do my posts here have any bearing on your reputation."

"the right went nuts about it.  Here, you guys"

how is this not associating me with the right?

"That doesn't answer my question.  How does supporting not banning of a news reporter equate to supporting being able to invade a home for information?"

it shows a clear disregard for boundaries

i used the privacy of the home as a metaphor

"Alex Jones does not have White House or Congressional media credentials"

actually he does : https://www.businessinsider.com/infowars-granted-white-house-press-credentials-2017-5

he's more deserving of them when compared to CNN and that's saying something

Biggerboat1 said:
o_O.Q said:

I can:

What are you trying to accomplish with this post? It doesn't seem in any way constructive.

I think the initial poster you are alluding to is a tad over the top when it comes to his Trump comments but just outright insulting him doesn't benefit anyone... Apart from maybe making you feel superior..?

This is especially rich coming from someone who has already suggested that another user be banned for generalising earlier in this very thread.

EDIT:

Also, if you want to look at education levels in the context of the election, then Trump doesn't fare too well...

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681319/7-surprising-graphics-about-Trump-voters.html

"In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

"What are you trying to accomplish with this post? It doesn't seem in any way constructive."

i'm commenting on the danger that true democracy results in for a nation... we have examples like the soviet union, for example

"This is especially rich coming from someone who has already suggested that another user be banned for generalising earlier in this very thread."

he didn't generalise, he explicitly associated me with the right

and i am as far as you can get from the right without going to the left

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681319/7-surprising-graphics-about-Trump-voters.html"

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/"

you post this, to make what point? that people who don't have a degree should not be able to vote?

More dictatorial behaviour from the so wishful called leader of the "free" world.