By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Bans CNN Corespondant from Open Press Event

vivster said:
Good. The press is the number 1 threat to democracy after all.

Though I don't see what benefit there is banning a fake news reporter from a press conference when they lie about everything anyway, right?

You hit the jackpot.  

Around the Network

Another side to the story. Apparently the reporter was just shouting out questions in the oval office. I don't know:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33609/real-reason-white-house-barred-cnn-reporter-joseph-curl

Fascism

vivster said:
Good. The press is the number 1 threat to democracy after all.

Though I don't see what benefit there is banning a fake news reporter from a press conference when they lie about everything anyway, right?

The press is the only force to ensure a balance next to the judicative in a democracy. You seem to be confused.

Ahh.. So I guess THIS is now the issue everyone's gonna blow completely out of proportion and lose their shit over, until next week when Trump sneezes on a foreign leader, then everyone will completely forget about this and rant about that, claiming it to be the Apocalypse or the second coming of Hitler. Remember that children in cages thing? The Putin thing? Seems like ages ago already, doesn't it? That's because everybody already forgot about it and moved on to the next thing, essentially - what the media instructs everyone to focus on and be mad at now..

Just so damn sick of the Trump hysteria, day after day, week after freaking week, and every week it's something else. I think I might have to filter out political threads here. I get enough Trump hysteria and propaganda shoved down my throat on practically a daily basis as is. I kinda come here to escape that crap..

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
Radek said:
Good. CNN is the fakest from the fake news.

Before politics get into it, and someone goes I prefer Fox News ect...... Remember this, as SpokenTruth said:

SpokenTruth said:
I'm just trying to imagine what the right would have said about Obama had he banned a Fox News reporter.

Imagine Fox news not being allowed to press events.... there would be a field day about fair practises, and free press, and it being a politicial choice ect.

"Freedom of Press is a cornerstone of democracy"

Not allowing non-favored Press in, is something dictators do.
Saying "good" when Trump does it? because it suits your own political agenda,.... is worrying.
This shouldnt be something americans (home of the free & brave) should be happy about.

jason1637 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Cohen and his attorney, Lanny Davis, sent CNN the tape.  It wasn't leaked from the FBI to CNN.

Still CNN did the leaking. Cohen is scum, CNN is scum. Trump is also scum but in this situation I agree with banning them.

Trumps own laywers where the ones that released that tape, cnn played right?

Only 2 sides had access to the tapes, and the FBI said they didnt leak them = trumps own laywers did.

If trumps team, wanted that tape out there, what wrong is it, when CNN plays it for the people?
Also CNN wasnt the only news site to play the tapes, even Fox News did.

From what i’ve read and heard it was well within their rights to throw her out because she was being disruptive.

Nothing to see here, move along

SpokenTruth said:
o_O.Q said:

can you give an example and expand on how its hypocrisy?

Anytime Obama even came remotely close to violating the Constitution, the right went nuts about it.  Here, you guys are just sweeping an actual violation under the rug.

Even Fox News is calling out Trump for this one.

Jay Wallace, president of Fox News, expressed support for CNN. “We stand in strong solidarity with CNN for the right to full access for our journalists as part of a free and unfettered press,”

"the right went nuts about it.  Here, you guys"

you should be banned for this slanderous bullshit but regardless

"Here, you guys are just sweeping an actual violation under the rug."

this is a violation of the constitution in what way?

"“We stand in strong solidarity with CNN for the right to full access for our journalists as part of a free and unfettered press,”"

a free press does not mean that they have free reign to go anywhere they want.... if i accused you of being a russian spy, does that give the press the right to invade your home to gather evidence?

I want to be surprised but I am not. Trump is like watching a reality show.