By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - France Software Sales Week 28 (July 8-15)

Train wreck said:
Mnementh said:

So, it's the abundance of new Switch-titles which the current charts consists of. The OP added the charts for the past few weeks, and it is dominated by evergreens, with new releases entering the TOP 5. This week this new release is Octopath and Captain Toad, last week and the week before was it Jurassic Park and The Crew and the week before only the evergreens were visible. So, why no evergreens on the competition consoles?

Because the majority of the competition consoles software sales are dominated by digital.  If you look at the Xbox top game sales, the PSN top game sales and the top Steam sales, they are dominated by evergreens of their respective systems.

LOL.

TW: Switch dominates random chart, because of *dice roll* slow summer months.

MNE: But Switch release calendar is in it's slow months too and evergreens are dominating.

TW: Well, Switch-evergreens dominate PS/XBO-evergreens, because *dice roll* ... oh yes, right, digital. PS/XBO owners buy everything digital.

MNE: But that would mean, also big titles wouldn't enter the charts on PS/XBO consoles, because nobody buys them physical. Why then was the Crew in the charts and Monster Hunter World?

Tune in the next post, to see what the dice comes up with next.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Train wreck said:

Because the majority of the competition consoles software sales are dominated by digital.  If you look at the Xbox top game sales, the PSN top game sales and the top Steam sales, they are dominated by evergreens of their respective systems.

So if i post a thread of the latest italian charts that switch has 7 of the top 10 is it ok? That chart includes digital for everyone accept nintendo so its fair am i right?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal-charts-week-29-2018.57213/page-2#post-10692409

Oh, I so look forward to his next answer and what he comes up with. This turns out to be a real joy to read.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Train wreck said:

LOL.

MNE: But Switch release calendar is in it's slow months too and evergreens are dominating.

TW: Well, Switch-evergreens dominate PS/XBO-evergreens, because *dice roll* ... oh yes, right, digital. PS/XBO owners buy everything digital.

MNE: But that would mean, also big titles wouldn't enter the charts on PS/XBO consoles, because nobody buys them physical. Why then was the Crew in the charts and Monster Hunter World?

So no counters no what I mentioned outside the predictable "LOL".  Gotcha.  Thanks for playing.

Mnementh said:
Train wreck said:

LOL.

I guess the sad thing is that you Mnementh brought up the evergreen issue, it was no where near my radar.  I was just answering the question as to why, all of a sudden, France top 5 is now being threaded.  You took it upon yourself to create and craft an argument literally out of thin air and then mock me for answering your craziness.

Mnementh: So, it's the abundance of new Switch-titles which the current charts consists of. The OP added the charts for the past few weeks, and it is dominated by evergreens, with new releases entering the TOP 5. This week this new release is Octopath and Captain Toad, last week and the week before was it Jurassic Park and The Crew and the week before only the evergreens were visible. So, why no evergreens on the competition consoles?

Your literal question was bolded.  I answered. Then you, and Tbone51 in kind, took it to where I was no where near.  But I wouldn't expect any less.

Lmao, step aside Sony

Around the Network

Is this overall? Cause that would mean switch domination

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:

It is. France is Nintendo land after all though so not too shocking.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Eagle367 said:

It is. France is Nintendo land after all though so not too shocking.

Indeed, France is basicly Japan#2

With Mario Kart 8 jumping up either the BOTW content made that difference or Octopath is actually selling Switch systems. 

top 5!

Switch!!!