By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT results Q4 and Full Year earnings. Huge.

Azzanation said:
hunter_alien said:

Not when your brand is faltering for 5 years straight and chances are that next-gen you will have even lower numbers, especially when your 2 rivals obviously buckled down for the long-run. 

But maybe some people are just OK playing "MS Financial Results 2018" and simply gave up for this gen.

Or maybe.. MS are smart and realised that console numbers leads to nothing but dick measuring contests which does nothing but promote fanboy wars. So they stick to the numbers that actually matter to the company, making money which seems there doing well.

You honestly dont think MS has bucklet down on the Xbox brand? I mean they just brought 5 Studios and announced another Xbox.. your logic is strange

Why do you say these things? Do you not see the correlation between revenue potential and sold platforms, which grant the ability for one to, and in most cases is a requirement to do so, subscribe to XBL, which is itself a launching pad to further "Profit/Revenue"? If The XBO had sold 10 million less, would it's profit and revenue be the same as it is now? How about if it had sold 100 million more? Please feel free not to respond, because if you come at me with anything other than silence or contrition, I will tear you a new ass so expertly, that it will be your new, defacto asshole.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 20 July 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

Wow!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/microsoft-soars-past-dollar800-billion-in-value-after-strong-earnings/ar-BBKQYXA?ocid=spartanntp

And all due to gamerpass and GAAS, Sony and Nintendo should copy them immediatelly =p

Not too sure about that. Sounds like "cloud-based software" drove the earnings.

KLAMarine said:
DonFerrari said:

And all due to gamerpass and GAAS, Sony and Nintendo should copy them immediatelly =p

Not too sure about that. Sounds like "cloud-based software" drove the earnings.

I was being sarcastic, because with numbers that have no breakdown for us to really determine the cause some are claiming that other companies should copy them even if Nintendo is at a very succesful pace with Switch and Sony have hit it highest evaluation in 10 years... so for me it's like 3 different paths that so far have been showing good results (that we lack info to really compare)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Excellent numbers. Can't wait to see the 10-K.

4 ≈ One

Azzanation said:
hunter_alien said:

Not when your brand is faltering for 5 years straight and chances are that next-gen you will have even lower numbers, especially when your 2 rivals obviously buckled down for the long-run. 

But maybe some people are just OK playing "MS Financial Results 2018" and simply gave up for this gen.

Or maybe.. MS are smart and realised that console numbers leads to nothing but dick measuring contests which does nothing but promote fanboy wars. So they stick to the numbers that actually matter to the company, making money which seems there doing well.

You honestly dont think MS has bucklet down on the Xbox brand? I mean they just brought 5 Studios and announced another Xbox.. your logic is strange

What has changed to the last 4 years? More promises, more far away goals, even another console AGAIN? Already? and nothing on the horizon that gets delivered, except, well, another Horizon game.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

This is not just a Sales Site.

It still is the core of the forum (hint, MS as a whole earnings isn't relevant to the site, unless we want to start talking Samsung, LG, Apple and other companies that may have some interaction with gaming).

But please help us understand the profit from X1 HW or how many SW MS sold since we can't see what is the impact of the royalties and what is purely MS sales.

You are also in a thread that is about MS Q4 earnings.

Go make a thread about it than ;)

COKTOE said:
Azzanation said:

Why do you say these things? Do you not see the correlation between revenue potential and sold platforms, which grant the ability for one to, and in most cases is a requirement to do so, subscribe to XBL, which is itself a launching pad to further "Profit/Revenue"? If The XBO had sold 10 million less, would it's profit and revenue be the same as it is now? How about if it had sold 100 million more? Please feel free not to respond, because if you come at me with anything other than silence or contrition, I will tear you a new ass so expertly, that it will be your new, defacto asshole.

Hmm lets see.. lets say hypothetically if MS sold each X1 for only $50 and managed to sell 200mill consoles this generation, does that mean there more successful than there opposition, does that make them the best? Because they sold more consoles? Your logic means yes it does, if all you go by is hardware numbers. Its clear all sales do is start nothing but dick measuring contests that does nothing but downplay another platform because 1 sold less than the other. Instead how about we see who is actually making more profits and revenue? Sounds more professional to me than petty console numbers that does not always lead to more success. Clearly they are able to buy new studios and still want to make consoles so they must be doing alright don't you think?

Also with your logic, the PS4 has sold twice the amount of XB1s, Basing my info on below stats, it seems PS4 have 34.5m Paid subscribers, not 80m, now considering Xbox is more online heavy and they have 59m MAU across the board, Its possible to have a healthy amount of paid members with less HW sales. More consoles will help BUT its not the be all end all method. Its not impossible to have more Paid subscribers on a user base with less hardware sold than one with more hardware sold. Its the offerings on each system. Why do you think MS focus a lot on online games? Also keep in mind I am not saying Xbox have more paid member than PS. MS don't solely rely on XB1, that's just 1 product they use to promote Live.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/532431/playstation-plus-subscribers-global/

Bottom line, I think MS grew up, they thrown out the thrash talk and give the numbers that actually make a difference to a business. Good on them.

As for your last sentence, try me.

Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:

What has changed to the last 4 years? More promises, more far away goals, even another console AGAIN? Already? and nothing on the horizon that gets delivered, except, well, another Horizon game.

Umm 5 new studios, a new next gen Xbox, GamePass, Cross play.. was that a serious question? Oh wait.. its you Errorist76.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 21 July 2018

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

It still is the core of the forum (hint, MS as a whole earnings isn't relevant to the site, unless we want to start talking Samsung, LG, Apple and other companies that may have some interaction with gaming).

But please help us understand the profit from X1 HW or how many SW MS sold since we can't see what is the impact of the royalties and what is purely MS sales.

Perhaps no one ever told you, but there is a rule against creating response threads.

Also the OP brings information on revenue for the department. So why not instead of deflect do a real answer for once.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Perhaps no one ever told you, but there is a rule against creating response threads.

Also the OP brings information on revenue for the department. So why not instead of deflect do a real answer for once.

You are in a thread about there Q4 earnings, not how many Xbox's sold.

It even states in the headline (MICROSOFT) not (XBOX)

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

You are in a thread about there Q4 earnings, not how many Xbox's sold.

It even states in the headline (MICROSOFT) not (XBOX)

OP talks about revenue in Xbox department doesn't it?

Every Nintendo and Sony Q and Y earnings, the sales of HW and SW are discussed even if the title doesn't say Consoles Sold.