By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT results Q4 and Full Year earnings. Huge.

DonFerrari said:
Funny enough Ludicrous Speed have no issue with that.

I don't care what nonsense either of you want to pull out of your butts in your latest one hundred post, million word squabble.

I quoted you because earlier in this very thread you were making fun of people for spreading/believing pure nonsense, but then you yourself were spreading and believing that same brand of sheer nonsense. Just, you know, the next time you want to point out some prinz/crapgamer type nonsense, just link to that post you made where you were trying to convince people the Xbox division was losing 2 billion per year during the height of the brands popularity.

Hope that helps.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
Funny enough Ludicrous Speed have no issue with that.

I don't care what nonsense either of you want to pull out of your butts in your latest one hundred post, million word squabble.

I quoted you because earlier in this very thread you were making fun of people for spreading/believing pure nonsense, but then you yourself were spreading and believing that same brand of sheer nonsense. Just, you know, the next time you want to point out some prinz/crapgamer type nonsense, just link to that post you made where you were trying to convince people the Xbox division was losing 2 billion per year during the height of the brands popularity.

Hope that helps.

Trying to convince?

It was a source I found in like 3 min of search when looking for profits and loses from X360, android patent. And if you read the post I used an IF. Like none can prove or disprove any amount of profit or loses made on the HW over a long period for either console.

But sure you are the king of not caring.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azzanation said:
Errorist76 said:

5 new studios of which two already developed for MS exclusively. One is mediocre, another one brand new and unproven and only one is true matter to boast about...Ninja Theory. 

I said it before..to me it looks like more smoke and mirrors, just like their “18 exclusives” at E3 of which 10 actually weren’t exclusives and 3 were Gears games. It seems they’re always telling half-truths hiding the true facts behind fiction.

You really shouldn’t complain if people call them out for this.

Wow.. you seem upset. Well arent you glad you have options out there.

Im not even going to bother. Seems like you have made up your mind on what you like and dislike.

Anyway.. back on topic, how good is there Q4 earnings, MS is killing it.

I’m the one upset but you should be the one who is. Great job covering your ears, ignoring my points and cry lalalala.

TheBird said:
Errorist76 said:

5 new studios of which two already developed for MS exclusively. One is mediocre, another one brand new and unproven and only one is true matter to boast about...Ninja Theory. 

I said it before..to me it looks like more smoke and mirrors, just like their “18 exclusives” at E3 of which 10 actually weren’t exclusives and 3 were Gears games. It seems they’re always telling half-truths hiding the true facts behind fiction.

You really shouldn’t complain if people call them out for this.

What studio are you calling Mediocre? Playground or Undead labs?. 1 makes the best racing game of the generation, and the other makes the best zombie games to ever exist (The best in terms of what zombie games always turn out to be). You're in dangerous tides when you come in here spitting these absurd words.

I was talking about Compulsion Games, but you’re right...Undead Labs is pure mediocrity as well.

Tbh calling SOD2 the best Zombie game ever to exist is what is absurd here.

Azzanation said:

Its pretty obvious the 360 was more profitable. Lets start with these examples.

1) X360 was cheaper to produce and in RnD.

PS3 cost $805 to build

That is complete and utter bullshit. I can say that with absolute authority because I learned, and happened to see things (during my PhD thesis time which was directly correlated with Blu-ray development) noone here had likely seen during the development of that technology cycle. So here is the short rundown:

PS3 development was loadad with development costs of the Blu-ray drive. Nobody within Sony had the money/the drive to fund development of this technology. Sony at that time was a pretty disfunctional company, it basically was every division against every other division. Ken Kutaragi didn't help at all there, he was a brilliant engineer but a lousy economist (not my words). As a rough guess, PS3 development was loaded with a) $1b cost to develop the blue laser diode to a mass manufacturing product. That was a remarkable feat, actually. I remember when someone stormed into our lab, yelling that a blue diode had been working for a full second! (in liquid nitrogen, I think) b) Building manufacturing plant(s) for the diodes (and Cell to a lesser extent), another cool $1b. c) Patent costs (unknown $, but very high). d) also, unbenownst to seemingly everyone as it went under the radar, the console department was d) loaded with a high restructuring/winding down bill (somewhere between $0.5-1b) for the laptop/pc segment. e) Cost of the Cell development. Other than what people think, those costs were relatively small for Sony (and lilely also for Samsung),  as IBM carried the brunt of those $0.5b.

All in all, the PS3 started about $3-4b in the hole, before the first console parts even entered the assembly plants. This can, of course, be naively added to the manufacturing costs of the PS3 consoles produced. The real cost of manufacturing a PS3 was, of course, lower than the manufacturing cost of a X360. As a generic manufacturer of all things that run on electricity, Sony has high leverage over MS with manufacturers (and engineers with lightyears of experience. Sony consoles are simply better designed than MS consoles, if manufacturing costs are considered).

Last edited by drkohler - on 25 July 2018

Around the Network
drkohler said:

The real cost of manufacturing a PS3 was, of course, lower than the manufacturing cost of a X360. As a generic manufacturer of all things that run on electricity, Sony has high leverage over MS with manufacturers

I doubt that the deals Sony got from manufacturers (Asustek at first, later Foxconn) were sooo much better than the deals Microsoft got (Flextronics, Wistron and Celestica at first, later Foxconn).

Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:

Wow.. you seem upset. Well arent you glad you have options out there.

Im not even going to bother. Seems like you have made up your mind on what you like and dislike.

Anyway.. back on topic, how good is there Q4 earnings, MS is killing it.

I’m the one upset but you should be the one who is. Great job covering your ears, ignoring my points and cry lalalala.

I recall you ignoring some of the posts I made addressing you...

COKTOE said:
Azzanation said:

Hmm lets see.. lets say hypothetically if MS sold each X1 for only $50 and managed to sell 200mill consoles this generation, does that mean there more successful than there opposition, does that make them the best? Because they sold more consoles? Your logic means yes it does, if all you go by is hardware numbers. Its clear all sales do is start nothing but dick measuring contests that does nothing but downplay another platform because 1 sold less than the other. Instead how about we see who is actually making more profits and revenue? Sounds more professional to me than petty console numbers that does not always lead to more success. Clearly they are able to buy new studios and still want to make consoles so they must be doing alright don't you think?

Also with your logic, the PS4 has sold twice the amount of XB1s, Basing my info on below stats, it seems PS4 have 34.5m Paid subscribers, not 80m, now considering Xbox is more online heavy and they have 59m MAU across the board, Its possible to have a healthy amount of paid members with less HW sales. More consoles will help BUT its not the be all end all method. Its not impossible to have more Paid subscribers on a user base with less hardware sold than one with more hardware sold. Its the offerings on each system. Why do you think MS focus a lot on online games? Also keep in mind I am not saying Xbox have more paid member than PS. MS don't solely rely on XB1, that's just 1 product they use to promote Live.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/532431/playstation-plus-subscribers-global/

Bottom line, I think MS grew up, they thrown out the thrash talk and give the numbers that actually make a difference to a business. Good on them.

As for your last sentence, try me.

You're a dumbass. You post ideas that are profoundly stupid. You sometimes, as with this particular one, attempt to propagate these ideas throughout multiple threads. Then, if somebody responds to you with with evidence that is in opposition to your post, and is irrefutable, you unflinchingly attempt to get blood from a stone, and end up with a post full of rock dust. How can you possibly believe that console sales mean nothing? That's literally the crux of your "argument". The XBO has almost 249 million worth of physical software sales. Which is DIRECTLY tied to the number of console sold. Does that mean nothing? Does it not contribute to profit/revenue? How about every digital game sold as a result of an XBO purchase? How many XBL subscriptions are there that are DIRECTLY tied to the XBO? How many millions? Does that also amount to nothing? And those subscriptions lead to more, ongoing profit/revenue in the form of microtransactions, ect, ect. I can't believe I'm having to type out this Duplo Block, Mud and Cookies response, essentially repeating myself with slightly more detail. I guess the next step will be breaking out the sock puppets and uploading a video to youtube.

Moderated by ~ PwerlvlAmy

Haha! Just saw that there was an old reply to on of the threads I posted in. Came here, read this and laughed way to loud at the office! Even though you got moderated, I just wanted to tell you that I fully support your view and I am glad that somebody had the guts to put it in a post.

User was Banned for Flamming due to this post - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 25 August 2018

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kowenicki said:
KingofTrolls said:
What is " huge " if one is hidding sales numbers?

Huge is $110bn turnover and $35bn income coupled with a market cap of around $830bn.  

Not hard to understand.

Or maybe it is... 

This thread is about financial results and therefore demands a level of maturity to discuss properly.  Hard to find on this forum for the last few years, hence the lack of serious discussion now around the topics the site was originally based upon.

I am active on this site for more than 10 years now. I have seen many people come and go and the truth is that the level of discussion tends to fluctuate quality wise quite a bit.

But please don't flatter yourself. You were called out on BS so many times before that its hard to count. You regularly called out people on their "stupidity" just to be completely off the mark several times yourself in discussions that you seem to forget. If you don't have anything of value to add, why degrade the conversation to an even lower level with a petty post like this? There are plenty of other highly intelligent forums out there

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!