By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT results Q4 and Full Year earnings. Huge.

DonFerrari said:

Of course it doesn't (although I didn't see you complaining about people who suggested Sony and Nintendo should copy MS). Still the fact that we discuss their sales on their earnng topics disprove your point that it shouldn't be talked about here.

I'm very interested in knowing their sales because this is a sales site for christ sake, everytime someone asks about sales from a MS product in this site you divert to an attack on the person and how unecessary that information is. And yes another reason for the site existence is comparing sales of the products. It was a blast during X360 when all 3 were very close and MS released their numbers and bragged about it, where you here complaining about it?

They know the negatively? You mean, being a lot behind competitors? Funny enough when they won a month during Holidays they were all over the place commemorating their victory. So who is petty? Shall we rescue all their petty twitter posts about sales? Or are you under the impression that Sony and Nintendo are the petty ones and MS is helping the world breaking free of this useless sales concern?

1) This is not just a Sales Site.

2) You are in a thread about MS Q4 earnings.

3) You have made it clear, does not like Xbox seems very interested to know there sales figures.

4) I never cared who's on top of sales and I still don't now. Please find a post of me posting and bragging about Xbox sales in any generation.

5) I hope MS continue not telling there figures to the public because I fine it quite entertaining seeing there opposition supporters hating it.

6) It seems to be those who don't like Xbox more interested in there figures than there actual support base, go figure.

7) Hardware sales does not benefit that much in the big picture when it comes to profiting as we know Hardware takes along time to actually start making money and each generation starts at a lose for a few years. Software and Subscribers is where the real meat is.

8) Quote from you to prove my point *You mean, being a lot behind competitors?* < Exactly this, you don't care, you just want something to bash haha its very clear.

10) Just to finish this off, MS aren't focused on HW sales as much as you think, maybe last gen they were but this gen, its all about there ecosystem, if they cared for HW sales so much than they wouldn't be doing Play-Anywhere with PC and supporting there Win10 Store so heavily and also have a strong focus on online games and Multiplayer to help sell Live. Player count > HW sales is the way there going. Player count contributes to the ecosystem, HW sales does not, in fact many gamers double dip with consoles and replacements and buying and returning systems, and HW sales does not profit well either, so it does nothing in the long run aside from dick measuring.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Xbox is selling so well tat if they told us how much it really is, we would not believe it and accuse them fake news. Then it would be a different controversy. Its the only explanation I can think off.

X1 isn't selling as well as its competition but I think it's profitable. Certainly sounds like they're seeing growth.

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
Xbox is selling so well tat if they told us how much it really is, we would not believe it and accuse them fake news. Then it would be a different controversy. Its the only explanation I can think off.

Don't say it loud or people will start using this... there are people that think PS4 and X1 are selling close WW because NPD is close and MS doesn't say the WW numbers.

Who thinks this?

KLAMarine said:
eva01beserk said:

X1 isn't selling as well as its competition but I think it's profitable. Certainly sounds like they're seeing growth.

They could be profitable. But Then whats the reason with hiding figures? Not just that, mixing it in with other products to make sure you cant even extrapolate. When  someone is hiding something, I think we can all agree that the first instinct people get is assume the worst. Wich is they are not doing to good. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Azzanation said:

DonFerrari said:

Of course it doesn't (although I didn't see you complaining about people who suggested Sony and Nintendo should copy MS). Still the fact that we discuss their sales on their earnng topics disprove your point that it shouldn't be talked about here.

I'm very interested in knowing their sales because this is a sales site for christ sake, everytime someone asks about sales from a MS product in this site you divert to an attack on the person and how unecessary that information is. And yes another reason for the site existence is comparing sales of the products. It was a blast during X360 when all 3 were very close and MS released their numbers and bragged about it, where you here complaining about it?

They know the negatively? You mean, being a lot behind competitors? Funny enough when they won a month during Holidays they were all over the place commemorating their victory. So who is petty? Shall we rescue all their petty twitter posts about sales? Or are you under the impression that Sony and Nintendo are the petty ones and MS is helping the world breaking free of this useless sales concern?

1) This is not just a Sales Site.

2) You are in a thread about MS Q4 earnings.

3) You have made it clear, does not like Xbox seems very interested to know there sales figures.

4) I never cared who's on top of sales and I still don't now. Please find a post of me posting and bragging about Xbox sales in any generation.

5) I hope MS continue not telling there figures to the public because I fine it quite entertaining seeing there opposition supporters hating it.

6) It seems to be those who don't like Xbox more interested in there figures than there actual support base, go figure.

7) Hardware sales does not benefit that much in the big picture when it comes to profiting as we know Hardware takes along time to actually start making money and each generation starts at a lose for a few years. Software and Subscribers is where the real meat is.

8) Quote from you to prove my point *You mean, being a lot behind competitors?* < Exactly this, you don't care, you just want something to bash haha its very clear.

10) Just to finish this off, MS aren't focused on HW sales as much as you think, maybe last gen they were but this gen, its all about there ecosystem, if they cared for HW sales so much than they wouldn't be doing Play-Anywhere with PC and supporting there Win10 Store so heavily and also have a strong focus on online games and Multiplayer to help sell Live. Player count > HW sales is the way there going. Player count contributes to the ecosystem, HW sales does not, in fact many gamers double dip with consoles and replacements and buying and returning systems, and HW sales does not profit well either, so it does nothing in the long run aside from dick measuring.

1) Sure it isn't, but it's the main reason, one you are sure to dismiss in every sales discussion.

2) Which also talks about their gaming division and as already explained always have had HW sales discussed within it. So if you don't want to talk about it just don't reply to the posts talking about it.

3) I bet MS is very interested in the information about Xbox sales, publishers also are. If you mean Xbox fans, them you have any poll or research proving it or you just consider yourself the statistic for this one? Because up until MS not talking about sales anymore a lot of Xbox fans talked and wanted to know the sales, but when Xbox was losing by big margin a lot of Xbox fans on this forum just left.

4) Strawman much? I didn't say you care so why is this being a point?

5) So are you admitting you discuss people asking for it to cause attriction and claim hating?

6) Already replied in previous answers. But it's normal that the group on the losing side would not like to discuss it.

7) Without the HW there isn't a lot of the money on SW, subs and royalties so yes it matters a lot. If it didn't NPD group wouldn't even earn money selling that data. And we wouldn't have this site and the core of discussions.

8) Nope, get to VGC at the time I entered and sales discussion were always had, be it when all 3 were selling close, or when Wii was selling almost X360+PS3, to when PS3 was shrinking the gap (and X360 got kinected and was recovering strong), etc. You thinking myself and others that want the numbers is just to bash MS is more telling of yourself. Switch isn't selling more than PS4 and we still discuss it's sales, actually MS not releasing any numbers open a lot more bashing here than they releasing numbers that are losing. Seems like you forgot the MS post about "will have almost shipped 10M at the end of holiday" a totally spin out post to try and have numbers close to what Sony had disclossed some time before. But I think you like to remember that Halo revenue one that you got confused what was Halo, what was HW and that it all was profit right?

9) skipped one?

10) Sure they don't care about console sales, this is why they keep manufacturing it, doing major discounts, celebrating when they win a NPD, saying the sales during the year doesn't matter being all about holidays, etc. You just ignore all opposite evidence from MS themselves to put a big defense for them. Will you use the defense that MS is so big it doesn't need defense today as well? But completelly forgeting you are defending them.

KLAMarine said:
eva01beserk said:

DonFerrari said:

Don't say it loud or people will start using this... there are people that think PS4 and X1 are selling close WW because NPD is close and MS doesn't say the WW numbers.

Who thinks this?

Some crazy kuckos in podcasts, youtube and xbox dedicated blogs you'll see people commenting with these "facts".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:

The new measure of success is about paid subscriptions where MS are doing better than any of the competition and they know it's the future rather than your old CONSOLE WARZZ 😊. that's where the money is in the future ...across different platforms including pc and soon mobile. Good on them for looking forward, very smart indeed. Sony and Nintendo really need to step out of the 1990s and 2000s and realise that hardware prospects by itself will become dead rubber. 

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
KLAMarine said:

They could be profitable. But Then whats the reason with hiding figures? Not just that, mixing it in with other products to make sure you cant even extrapolate. When  someone is hiding something, I think we can all agree that the first instinct people get is assume the worst. Wich is they are not doing to good. 

Where does Microsoft report their figures?

DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

Who thinks this?

Some crazy kuckos in podcasts, youtube and xbox dedicated blogs you'll see people commenting with these "facts".

Could I get some examples?

3sexty said:
eva01beserk said:

The new measure of success is about paid subscriptions where MS are doing better than any of the competition and they know it's the future rather than your old CONSOLE WARZZ 😊. that's where the money is in the future ...across different platforms including pc and soon mobile. Good on them for looking forward, very smart indeed. Sony and Nintendo really need to step out of the 1990s and 2000s and realise that hardware prospects by itself will become dead rubber. 

Last we had info PSN MAU is higher than XBL (even if XBL uses PC and Switch Minecraft). Also PS+ is like 40M, a number that is already close to the XBL (silver included) so subs Sony was making more... now if gamepass is bigger than PSNow I have no idea at this moment.

KLAMarine said:
eva01beserk said:

DonFerrari said:

Let me look for them (I wouldn't say they are common, but we always have those prinz and X something of the secret sauce in the wild).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

3sexty said:

The new measure of success is about paid subscriptions where MS are doing better than any of the competition.. 

MS don't share paid subscription numbers like Sony does. 

MS lumps together every xbox account ever created which has been active that month (paid or free account), every pc user that has logged to the Windows store via PC that month, every Minecraft player using Switch, mobile app users, active Skype users.. etc. to get somewhat respectable number to boast with = MAU 

So I kind of agree with Errorist about smoke and mirrors

KLAMarine said:
eva01beserk said:

DonFerrari said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3pwzCgvGUM this is one crazy guy that is basically sure Forza 7 had outsold GTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH4TIOQmU18 "Sony sources claim PS4 sold more than X1"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy2nnhfO9hY "PS4 is selling less each year while X1 is selling more"

http://misterxmedia.com/forum/gaming/2307-xbox-sales old but still people that think VGC is worthless and rather trust their own make up evidence.

https://adrenaline.uol.com.br/2018/01/15/53915/xbox-one-superou-ps4-em-vendas-durante-dezembro-nos-eua-mas-switch-ainda-e-o-mais-vendido/ Some guys expecting X1 to reach and pass PS4 until the end of the gen (this was January this year)

http://www.ultimaficha.com.br/2016/09/27/ranking-de-vendas-de-consoles-e-jogos-atualizado-semanalmente/ some people that confused Xbox/PS4 sales and subs.

Rafie said:
I knew this thread would be entertaining. Great numbers for MS tho.

I think you have misspelled depressing. Half the posts in this thread are digs at users based on their previous expressed opinions about a brand rather than what is being mentioned or talked about in here be it pro MS or anti them users comments are being disregarded based on the author rather than the content.

As for the topic at hand though, MS is doing wonderful, every area they have success they're learning how to turn that success into profit in a fantastic way, even something so small as those advert blocks within the Win10 OS or in certain area's of the X360/X1 Menu are all ingenious ways of creating money from their customers without ever holding out a hand to the user. It's almost blueoceanesque but they've created their own artificial oceans to profit from.

Great stuff really for a well run company, can't say a bad word against how they run their business.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive