By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerrilla Games is expanding: moving to a new building, hoping to grow from 250 employees to 400 employees

DonFerrari said:
KBG29 said:
Glad to see them expanding. I would love a VR Exclusive Killzone game. Killzone 3 in 3D with the Sharpshooter is still by far my favorite AAA FPS game. Farpont and Arizona Sunshine have passed it now in VR, but I fully believe GG could set the bar with a fully funded AAA VR Killzone.

Then of course a new Horizon has to happen. I just hope that they make it both retro and VR capable. H:ZD would have been even better if it supported at least the PSVR Head Mounted Display.

The 3dsharp shooter of kz3 was super hard but very immersive their ps5vr2 kz version would be fantastic

Killzone 3 took a minute to learn how to play with the limitations of the tech, but once you get it down, it is great. If Killzone VR is a launch title for PSVR2, then Sony is doing things right in my book. I think Killzone VR on current PSVR would be great, but Killzone VR on PS5/PSVR2 would be a system and medium seller, no doubt. I would hope for something like Killzone 2 or 3 in VR. The intesity of those games in VR would be an adrenaline rush. Just think of the Killzone PS3 trailer, except it is real time, and you are there. Wow! Giving me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Idk what the resistance to KZ is all about. At its coreit has the bones of a great IP. For whatever reason its just never lived up to expectations. Maybe its better suited to be a game like Farcry or or Crysis. Whatever the case, its an IP whose main protagonist is actually the antagonist, but its also something that an entire game could be made from the perspective of who are considered to be the bad guys and it could still sell.

Hell they could even go all Dues EX on us and it would still fit in their world.

Fantastic News for all Gamer !!
i'm very happy about it = )

KBG29 said:
DonFerrari said:

The 3dsharp shooter of kz3 was super hard but very immersive their ps5vr2 kz version would be fantastic

Killzone 3 took a minute to learn how to play with the limitations of the tech, but once you get it down, it is great. If Killzone VR is a launch title for PSVR2, then Sony is doing things right in my book. I think Killzone VR on current PSVR would be great, but Killzone VR on PS5/PSVR2 would be a system and medium seller, no doubt. I would hope for something like Killzone 2 or 3 in VR. The intesity of those games in VR would be an adrenaline rush. Just think of the Killzone PS3 trailer, except it is real time, and you are there. Wow! Giving me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Yes potential to make a lot of vr sales. Technically their games are always well made

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nice, give me Horizon 2 and then a new ip.

No more Killzone pls.

Around the Network

Ok, Horizon2 is coming to PS5 in full glory. Be ready to be blown away ;) Can't really wait.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I think they need to focus in Horizon and than new ip. Just create Horizon 2-3 in the next 4-5 years, and make a small team to brain storm and create the basis of a new IP, than go full production, than new ip E3 2024, and lauch 2025.

nice to hear, so they could make 2 ip's at once

Well when a studio like Guerrilla Games comes up with a new IP like Horizon, which is something completely different from what they have done in the past, and they smash it out of the park, if they have another new IP on their minds, there's a decent shot that PS will give them the go ahead to try it out, as long as the main focus is Horizon 2.

If the new IP didn't meet expectations or flat out completely bombs, Killzone is always there to fall back on. Going into PS5 with the steady momentum PS4 has given them, is the time to try new stuff. As long as the existing franchises remain heavy hitters, PS can afford to have a few bad games, if that's the way they happen to turn out.

Wow, I'm jealous.