By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what was your "FIRST GAME" for a playstation system?

WoW I can't really remember, but I guess that first PS1 game that I purchased was RE2 or Tomb Raider 2.

Around the Network

The original Ratchet & Clank

DonFerrari said:
So funny that most people here love the first game they played on ps system even now.

Is that unusual among non-casual gamers?  I also still love Legend of Zelda my first NES console game, and Donkey Kong my first Nintendo game on any console (ColecoVision).

I think it was GT2.

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:
So funny that most people here love the first game they played on ps system even now.

Is that unusual among non-casual gamers?  I also still love Legend of Zelda my first NES console game, and Donkey Kong my first Nintendo game on any console (ColecoVision).

Wouldn't say unnusual but the quantity of people saying it directly just by remembering their first game on a system is quitecurious (i don't love pitfal and battletoads my first atari and nes game altough i like mickey castle of ilusion, sonic, moonwalker among my first gênesis and super mario for snes). But none of them impacted as much as ff ix, gt1, re1, tekken 3 did me on ps1 or how long tok me to appreciate mgs because i found mgs1 ugly (syphonfilter was much better for me) and soul reaver was top 5.  

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Spyro on ps1.

Then crash bandicoot.

Both classics that helped build the playstation empire.

Zkuq said:
I used to like Formula 1 as a kid, so Formula 1 98 was the first game I got. I still have it, but I haven't played it in a very, very long time. I was fun but I suspect I wouldn't like it very much anymore since apparently it wasn't the greatest racing game...

You should dust it off and judge for yourself!  

My first played were Mortal Kombat 4 and Twisted Metal 2 or 3. The first I bought was probably Dragon's Crown.

I remember buying and playing both Wild Arms and Suikoden while waiting for FFVII. I also bought Ridge Racer, Resident Evil, and Vandal Hearts fairly early on. Rented a few games as well, like Tomb Raider was an early one I remember. I bought my first PlayStation for Final Fantasy VII.

couchmonkey said:
Zkuq said:
I used to like Formula 1 as a kid, so Formula 1 98 was the first game I got. I still have it, but I haven't played it in a very, very long time. I was fun but I suspect I wouldn't like it very much anymore since apparently it wasn't the greatest racing game...

You should dust it off and judge for yourself!

Probably, but my backlog is humongous and replaying something I suspect I wouldn't enjoy that much anymore just isn't that high on my list. It is on the list though, just not very high.

It was the original Tomb Raider for me. I enjoyed it! It helped me begin my very slow adaptation to properly 3D gaming.