By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what was your "FIRST GAME" for a playstation system?

God of War 4

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII, I bought it solely for that title. I, of course, eventually bought many more games for the system but I wouldn't have thought about the PS1 if it weren't for FFVII.

Signature goes here!

Crash Bandicoot 1. I can't believe it was my Dad's pick and I got so much into the series.

Tekken.

Reading this thread reminded me. I bought Resident Evil and Tomb Raider before I could even find a PS1 (there was a shortage, I guess). But those weren't the first PlayStation games I'd ever experienced.

Before that, my step brother used to rent a PS1 and NFL Game day every weekend. I hated it. I don't think I ever played it. I just watched.
The thing that convinced me to get a PS1 was when I had Killer Instinct Gold for the N64. My friend showed me Tekken 2. It was so amazing! After playing his console for a day, KI Gold looked like shit. I knew what my next gaming purchase would be!

Around the Network

I was still a kid so it's fuzzy but probably Tomb Raider or Metal Slug.

First game I played was either Crash or Gran Turismo. First playstation game I owned was Final Fantasy X.

First game I played was either Crash or Gran Turismo. First playstation game I owned was Final Fantasy X.

Pretty sure it was Tomba!

grand theft auto san andreas for ps2. along with a purchase of a ps2.