By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - South Park: The Stick of Truth coming to Nintendo Switch in september

South Park: The Stick of Truth is coming to Switch, Ubisoft has announced. The game will release digitally on the eShop by September. Ubisoft confirmed the news in its latest financial report today.

Ubisoft published South Park: The Fractured But Whole on Switch earlier this year. The Stick of Truth, which had not been available on a Nintendo platform previously, was the title that preceded it.

https://nintendoeverything.com/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-coming-to-switch/

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Good. And interesting choice on the side of Ubisoft, after weak sales of Fractured but Whole.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ubisoft is definitely one of the most supportive of the AAA western companies on Nintendo systems. They were the only ones to put an exclusive AAA game on the Wii U However, this game announcement is still a surprise. I am guessing the last South Park game sold decently. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

It was inevitable to happen.

I guess Fractured But Whole didnt bomb as much as people thought?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

That's surprising to me ! I thought the only reason we got Fractured But Whole was that it ran on the same engine as Mario+Rabbids, knowing how much they struggled during the development of the first game I was certain they wouldn't even try to port the first one to the Switch

Nice, but is this digital only? They specifically mentioning the eshop gives me bad vibes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm kind of shocked about this. I thought the reason we didn't get The Stick of Truth was because it ran on a different engine? I guess Ubisoft sees the port being worthwhile. I buy it as soon as it drops Ubi!

Mnementh said:
Good. And interesting choice on the side of Ubisoft, after weak sales of Fractured but Whole.

???

Source?

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 17 July 2018

If it does, I'll probably get it. Then I'll play the sequel (have both on Xbox One for my daughter but I haven't played them). That is, if it isn't $60!

zorg1000 said:
I guess Fractured But Whole didnt bomb as much as people thought?

Initial sales were weak, but maybe they were also just chugging along over the course of the weeks without dropping much.

Also, who knows what Ubisofts sales target was and when they started porting the first one