By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - South Park: The Stick of Truth coming to Nintendo Switch in september

I'll buy them both now if they bundle it like the PS4 version of FBW.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
pokoko said:

All I can say is that I deeply regret spending $5 on The Stick of Truth during a Steam sale.  

How come?

I hated the "combat," if it can even be called that.  It was just QTEs.  I quit during the tutorial and never went back.

Darwinianevolution said:
Nice, but is this digital only? They specifically mentioning the eshop gives me bad vibes.

Why ? It was the same when they ported it on PS4/Xbox One, digital only

SKMBlake said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Nice, but is this digital only? They specifically mentioning the eshop gives me bad vibes.

Why ? It was the same when they ported it on PS4/Xbox One, digital only

I was just suspicious that it could be a digital only release, and now it's been confirmed.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

is this a better game?

Switch!!!

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

How come?

I hated the "combat," if it can even be called that.  It was just QTEs.  I quit during the tutorial and never went back.

It's inspired by the Active Time Battle, or ATB of early Final Fantasy games. It's turn-based, but with some action. Haven't ever considered it as QTE, though

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:
I guess Fractured But Whole didnt bomb as much as people thought?

Initial sales were weak, but maybe they were also just chugging along over the course of the weeks without dropping much.

Also, who knows what Ubisofts sales target was and when they started porting the first one

Doesn't FBW had a horrible bug, which deleted your safe game after a certain time? At least this was the reason, why I took it from my list.

Just checked and it seems Ubisoft repaired the bug with Version 1.02. (Source https://www.nintendo-insider.com/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-update-version-1-02-resolves-save-wiping-bug/)

This would explain low initial sales ...

Personally I think it's safer to assume VGChartz is wrong/Undertracked it and it sold more. TBH the European numbers are pretty suspect, mainly because their are several countries where Xbox is a non-entity and in quite a few of those Switch is really strong. I have a hard time believing that the Switch version sold so poorly it couldn't even get 1/2 of the the Xbox version, let alone get down to PC levels, late port or not. Same goes for North America except I would more expect 1/3.

hentai_11 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Initial sales were weak, but maybe they were also just chugging along over the course of the weeks without dropping much.

Also, who knows what Ubisofts sales target was and when they started porting the first one

Doesn't FBW had a horrible bug, which deleted your safe game after a certain time? At least this was the reason, why I took it from my list.

Just checked and it seems Ubisoft repaired the bug with Version 1.02. (Source https://www.nintendo-insider.com/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-update-version-1-02-resolves-save-wiping-bug/)

This would explain low initial sales ...

Only people that visit forums and keep up on that stuff would know that before purchasing and even then, I doubt most of those people would know. I didnt know until 2 weeks after I bought the game.