By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - South Park: The Stick of Truth coming to Nintendo Switch in september

I already finished the sequel, which was great fun. I'm not sure if the first game will be better then the second. Most things are improved for a sequel so Ubisoft might have a lost a sale from me here.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
I guess Fractured But Whole didnt bomb as much as people thought?

maybe digital sales were much stronger than physical games ? or that vgchartz is undertacking it, which would not be the first time...

also, maybe lower sales, but high attachement sales of the DLC might help the profits...

and by looking at it, the sales seems to be tracking about that same as the pc sales. maybe it was their goal ?

Last edited by Marach - on 17 July 2018

I’d rather they give it a launch with a physical release and a patched experience. TFBW was a mess when they released it and really hurt the series on Switch.

great I was about to buy the double pack on ps4 but now its not needed. Did they say the price?

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I already finished the sequel, which was great fun. I'm not sure if the first game will be better then the second. Most things are improved for a sequel so Ubisoft might have a lost a sale from me here.

That's not always the case.  Actually, from what I heard, people who played Stick of Truth first were disappointed/let down by Fractured but Whole.  I'm in the same boat as you though, as I played Fractured But Whole on Switch without having ever played Stick of Truth on any system.  I'm willing to give Stick of Truth a shot when it releases on Switch after having already heard good things about it from other systems and having already enjoyed the sequel.

Around the Network

Is it actually possible that FBW sold well. Now i'm actually interested in double-dipping

Nothing to see here, move along

I think Ubisoft got the game backwards.This should have released first.Well, better later than never.

Plus, this probably means that Fractured but Whole sold enough to be considered a success.Even if this port started development before Fractured released, knowing Ubisoft they would have cancelled the port if the game hadnt performed well enough.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm thinking the opposite of what everyone here is saying. Its not that TSOT did poorly on the switch but FBW didn't do well on PS4/Xbox1/PC, so they are riding off the back of a hot console.

Train wreck said:
I'm thinking the opposite of what everyone here is saying. Its not that TSOT did poorly on the switch but FBW didn't do well on PS4/Xbox1/PC, so they are riding off the back of a hot console.

That doesnt make any sense.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nice.