By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky NEXT Trailer And Info

Chazore said:
Still not going to grab it. Those updates should have been there since day/week 1 of release. The game teased so much and flaunted content around that never came until now. I don't see why I should even begin to appreciate a dev team that lied and showed themselves off, for much of nothing.

So what is something that was "promised" in the beginning that wasn't in the game that you want?

Now this isn't directed at you, but I find the semantic about broken promises and Hello Games being liars to be a lot of Hyperbole. When looking at the lists of broken dreams that were going around I saw a lot of conjecture on what should be in the game. "Dynamic Hacking" was one of them.....Hacking in some capacity was always there in the game, the adding of it being dynamic is subjective at best. That is not a broken promise

Things that were promised that did not make it into the game's build at launch.

-Being able to see other characters

-Rotating Planets in real time

-Realistic Day and Night Cycles

In what reality would any of these things completely have changed the perception of the game if they had been implemented day one? Like would a realistically rotating planet have made it more enjoyable?There were decries of "They promised giant alien dinasaurs" and what not but they could not be considered liars on points such as this because the game is procedural generated. The algorithm is what manifests the creatures from different templates. This was always known, so they might have always had the capacity to to have giant creatures but we cannot know for certain unless you traveled to all 18trillian planets. 

I think the real issue was belied in the game's work cycle and algorithms the game was based on. The problem is not that a few promised concepts didn't make it into the game because none of those were really essential to the game play loop(which I imagine is why they were axed), the problem is simply that what we were given wasn't broadly percieved as "Fun".

It is actually only through completely new additions to the gameplay loop that people have started to change their minds on this title. Base Building, crop growing/harvesting, Fetch/Defend/Observe Mission variety from Space Stations, the improved upgrades on Body Suit/Ship/MultiTool, an emotional storyline arc. It is becoming more of a Space Sim worth playing that is enjoyable to more people.

This game was always going to be the mining/harvest space social sim it is, but I think many projected what they wanted out of it more than what they were saying. The game was advertised as Star Trek and people were expecting Star Wars. Well with all the added efforts it is a bit of both now.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

I'm actually seriously considering buying No Man's Sky after this update because it seems to add a lot to the game and make it look so much better and fun to play... and it only took two years! :P

My thoughts exactly.  

I was loosely interested in the game in the days around launch.  But, once everyone said it was a big let down, I just pushed it off of my radar.  It has come back into my mind in the last several months though, as the time may finally be right to give it a try. 

If this game got delayed 2 years it would probably not have all of this stuff. It's original release was like an early access that funded all of these improvements.

Chazore said:
Still not going to grab it. Those updates should have been there since day/week 1 of release. The game teased so much and flaunted content around that never came until now. I don't see why I should even begin to appreciate a dev team that lied and showed themselves off, for much of nothing.

Still not going to buy it? I would never have guessed. If you like I can post you a road map of my upcoming NMS threads so you can continue to say exactly the same thing in every single one of them without any chance of missing the opportunity. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Still not going to buy it? I would never have guessed. If you like I can post you a road map of my upcoming NMS threads so you can continue to say exactly the same thing in every single one of them without any chance of missing the opportunity. 

If you want to take personal beef with me over a video game you've been gaga for over the years then that'd make for a bad hill to die on.

If you're going to ever slant a game that does anything so much as similar to NMS then I'll be there for you to help you get back on your feet (when you've tripped, because everyone does).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

The PS5 Exists. 

The PS5 Exists. 

I got a refund on steam cause I didn't like it but I saw some of your Livestream which were enjoyable. I'll get it day 1 on xbox because it looks way better than at launch.

i really wanna play this game,looks one of the best out there

I was going to buy a 2nd hand copy so that my son could play it with me (I had purchased it day 1 but have only played it a couple of times after finding it all a bit empty).

CEX was £12 yesterday and I went in there to buy it today and they've upped it to £22, so screw them I thought, I bought a digital copy for £15, at least that way some money goes to the devs and not the thieving CEX crap of a store.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!