By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Bless Sony For Supporting Singleplayer [Amy Hennig]

Well, it's great that Sony supports single-player games but not like they're the only ones doing it.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
Well, it's great that Sony supports single-player games but not like they're the only ones doing it.

Exactly, its like she hasnt played on anything else but PS. Someone give her a copy of Zelda BOTW

GoOnKid said:

Most companies support singleplayer.

I think pretty much all of them do. 

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:
And Bless her for the games she helped to make.

Awww :)

I vastly prefer single player experiances, so I hope they dont go anywhere.
Hopefully theres more of them to come from Amy & Sony.

Single player experiences never went anywhere and won't.

There was or has been an increase of online focused content, but there has always been many single player games hitting the market.

Its also worth noting Sony's online focused experiences never really caught on in the 7th gen. If they had notable online content with a big following, they may have pursued it. Hence, Sony focused on where they had success. Meanwhile other studios that have popular online games continue with that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Bristow9091 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I might be the only one thinking this, but I don't think sony will give her a studio or a team in an existing studio.

ND as a studio is more important to Sony that Amy, and when Amy left, she left on bad terms. When her friend (dude from Firefly) was mouthing off and Amy was making comments about ND, she took aim and shot at one of Sonys cash cows. Since then she hasn't tried to make up the relationship and if anything, getting a star wars project made her friend mouth of more.

She has flip flopped on disliking EA to now understanding why they had to take the project in a new direction and now she is praising sony. This seems more like a cry for help than actual compliments.

I would like to make this very clear - I'm not saying ND are gods, I'm not saying EA was right or Amy is bad. I'm just saying Amy has burnt bridges and although she is an amazing writer, I don't think she is like Corey B where she can write, design and direct a full game successfully. Going Indie must be more difficult than she thought and possibly she needs financial support.

Based on the bridges she has burnt, I think MS will be more likely to take her on than Sony, even if they do it just for the PR. Whatever went down at ND wasn't good. The last thing any good business would want to do is hire someone who took indirect shots at the cash cow and then throw money at them. It would be causing beef between staff and studios for nothing.

I mean, we don't really know that now do we? For all we know, there could be talks going on right now and they're just waiting for something to be finalised before making an announcement. There's probably a low chance of this being the case, but until there's confirmation... Lol

Lol not saying it is an impossibility, or Amy and Sony won't have a sit down, just saying I've been at meetings when these types of things have happened and it's never gone in favour of the party that mouthed off or that was vocal. It's usually a case of, "okay, we are good people so we will forgive you, but we that don't mean we forget what you've done. Let's move on, you keep doing what you need to do and we won't interfere and vice versa."

If sony do set her up or help her, it will be to stop MS using Amy for PR. I can just hear the announcement,  "To add to our already growing list of unprecedented studios, let us welcome Amy. The creator of Uncharted andother great franchises."

Around the Network

Eh. I'd praise others along with Sony. I do not thank god for sony and singleplayer. But it should definitely be respected. We don't need multiplayer only games running rampant around here.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Whatever happens next, it will be interesting to see how this drama unfolds. In an ideal world for me, CD would take her back and let her reboot Soul Reaver, but as it stands, if she stays Indie, I think she might go the way of David Jaffe or Cliffy B.

Funny to see people that hate Sony trying to make Amy praising Sony a bad thing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Fei-Hung said:
Whatever happens next, it will be interesting to see how this drama unfolds. In an ideal world for me, CD would take her back and let her reboot Soul Reaver, but as it stands, if she stays Indie, I think she might go the way of David Jaffe or Cliffy B.

#BringSoulReaverBack

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Funny to see people that hate Sony trying to make Amy praising Sony a bad thing.

I don't think people are saying its a bad thing. It's just that Sony's not the only company making great single-player experiences. It's cool that she's praising Sony so apparently her exit from ND had no hard feelings (unless I'm missing something). People have praised companies like Bethesda, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square, Bandai Namco, and Nintendo for their respective single-player experiences.

Assassin's Creed, Zelda, Mario, Dishonored, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, DOOM, Xenoblade, The Evil Within, and Resident Evil have had great releases within the past few years.

Sony has a great catalog of single-player games like Bloodborne, Uncharted, Horizon, and God of War, but they also had The Order 1886 and Knack (once you disregard the memes).