By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Bless Sony For Supporting Singleplayer [Amy Hennig]

SIE should make a studio around her, and basically be their 343, and just make Uncharted games forever.

Around the Network

I completely agree!! Well... apart from the whole 'god bless' part

I hope she makes a new IP like Soul Reaver as for me that was one of the best things she helped to create.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
I hope she makes a new IP like Soul Reaver as for me that was one of the best things she helped to create.

Loved Soul Reaver, first classic I replayed on PS3

I asked for remaster/sequel on S-E survey.

@OP seeing the news about the new studio dedicated to Sony and having an ex-ND dev and together this praise makes it seem they may work together.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

bananaking21 said:
Fine we get it. Sony is awesome for doing single player games. But must we keep on saying this again and again and again?

Yes. If we want them to keep coming we need to keep buying and praising them as long as they're good.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
bananaking21 said:
Fine we get it. Sony is awesome for doing single player games. But must we keep on saying this again and again and again?

Yes. If we want them to keep coming we need to keep buying and praising them as long as they're good.

It applies to every company and any media.

Want more Breath of the Wild? Show support and buy the game.

Want more movies like the Jumanji sequel? Go see it in theaters or buy the Blu-ray/DVD.

I was so looking forward to the Viceral Star War game that Amy was working on, but sadly EA killed it. Anyway I wish Amy gets an oppotunity to make some amazing single player exclusive for Sony.

I might be the only one thinking this, but I don't think sony will give her a studio or a team in an existing studio.

ND as a studio is more important to Sony that Amy, and when Amy left, she left on bad terms. When her friend (dude from Firefly) was mouthing off and Amy was making comments about ND, she took aim and shot at one of Sonys cash cows. Since then she hasn't tried to make up the relationship and if anything, getting a star wars project made her friend mouth of more.

She has flip flopped on disliking EA to now understanding why they had to take the project in a new direction and now she is praising sony. This seems more like a cry for help than actual compliments.

I would like to make this very clear - I'm not saying ND are gods, I'm not saying EA was right or Amy is bad. I'm just saying Amy has burnt bridges and although she is an amazing writer, I don't think she is like Corey B where she can write, design and direct a full game successfully. Going Indie must be more difficult than she thought and possibly she needs financial support.

Based on the bridges she has burnt, I think MS will be more likely to take her on than Sony, even if they do it just for the PR. Whatever went down at ND wasn't good. The last thing any good business would want to do is hire someone who took indirect shots at the cash cow and then throw money at them. It would be causing beef between staff and studios for nothing.

Yeah ... ok ... they're supporting third person shooters, open world games, and action games that gained more popularity by stealing a motif from another Sony game. It's nothing incredible. There's nothing innovative about what they're doing. It's good that they are funding single player games. Tons of publishers are though. I guess you could give them brownie points for not cancelling The Last Guardian. That's about it.