By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shining Resonance Refrain gets 73 on Opencritic. Similar scores on metacritic.

About what I expected. It's no Persona 5, but I enjoyed the demo and am buying the full game. I wanted this game back when it was on PS3 and at that time, I never expected it to come out in English. Waiting for Sega to release anything other than Sonic, Total War, or Aliens at that time was an exercise in disappointment. I hope Sega keeps on sending RPGs over. I'd love to play Sakura Wars 6 in English.

Around the Network

The reviewer at Attack of the Fanboy, was saying that the AI is not good. I guess enemies and allies alike do silly things, like a Mage using physical attacks instead of casting spells.

SanAndreasX said:
About what I expected. It's no Persona 5, but I enjoyed the demo and am buying the full game. I wanted this game back when it was on PS3 and at that time, I never expected it to come out in English. Waiting for Sega to release anything other than Sonic, Total War, or Aliens at that time was an exercise in disappointment. I hope Sega keeps on sending RPGs over. I'd love to play Sakura Wars 6 in English.

If you're looking for a game similar to Persona 5:

Shaunodon said:
SanAndreasX said:

If you're looking for a game similar to Persona 5:

That looks cool. I wasn't referring specifically to having a game like P5, but more like having a game with the production quality of P5.

Played the demo today its decent. The demo could have been a bit longer though. I might buy it when its on sale for $29.99 or $24.99.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I’ll be writing up a review for the site ASAP so stay tuned for that!

Oh yeah, I think I added VGchartz to my contributor list on Opencritic. ETA on the review? Is anybody reviewing Octopath Traveler for this site? 

Aiming for Sunday at the latest -- hopefully earlier. 

Nicholas Taylor will be reviewing Octopath Traveler.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Oh yeah, I think I added VGchartz to my contributor list on Opencritic. ETA on the review? Is anybody reviewing Octopath Traveler for this site? 

Aiming for Sunday at the latest -- hopefully earlier. 

Nicholas Taylor will be reviewing Octopath Traveler.

Well, then. You best get to stepping!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

That's disappointing, but I'm still working on Ys VIII before MHGU, so...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Why won’t they make a new shining force game?!?! 🙁☹️😟😞😣😖😫😩😢😭😭😭😭😭😒

Cerebralbore101 said:

Shining Resonance Refrain has gotten 72 on Opencritic. Metacritic has a different score per platform, but every score is around the same range. 

http://opencritic.com/game/6319/shining-resonance-refrain

I was semi-interested in this one, until I realized that it was being made by the same people that did Valkyria Revolution

From what I've read, combat is clunky, the story and settings are very generic, and the game is extremely grindy. 

and now you're less interested in the game. That I can fully understand.