By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shining Resonance Refrain gets 73 on Opencritic. Similar scores on metacritic.

Shining Resonance Refrain has gotten 72 on Opencritic. Metacritic has a different score per platform, but every score is around the same range. 

http://opencritic.com/game/6319/shining-resonance-refrain

I was semi-interested in this one, until I realized that it was being made by the same people that did Valkyria Revolution. 

From what I've read, combat is clunky, the story and settings are very generic, and the game is extremely grindy. 

Around the Network

I'm planning on picking it up. Looks alot like Tales.

I played the demo on Switch, i thought it was OK but not something that is a priority right now. Didn't get to deep into it but the combat i played was OK

I’ll be writing up a review for the site ASAP so stay tuned for that!

Considering how it looks visually, I may as well nab it on Switch, but knowing the price range all around, I'll probably put this on my watch list and wait for a very long time till a sale happens.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

Shining Resonance Refrain has gotten 72 on Opencritic. Metacritic has a different score per platform, but every score is around the same range. 

http://opencritic.com/game/6319/shining-resonance-refrain

I was semi-interested in this one, until I realized that it was being made by the same people that did Valkyria Revolution. 

From what I've read, combat is clunky, the story and settings are very generic, and the game is extremely grindy. 

I've read a lot of differing opinions as well. And you're talking about Media.vision as the developers, so please put a little respect on that name despite Valkyria Revolution.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Reviewers hate jrpgs apparently..... I dont always trust these reviewers, because of how much taste levels effect things.
All I can say is I saw the trailers, and those looked intresting. I wanna try it out, dispite whatever reviewers score it.

meh I played the demo didn't like it

JRPGfan said:

Reviewers hate jrpgs apparently..... I dont always trust these reviewers, because of how much taste levels effect things.
All I can say is I saw the trailers, and those looked intresting. I wanna try it out, dispite whatever reviewers score it.

That's good, because if they all shared your exact tastes, then we'd get shitty review scores for stuff you dislike all the time. It's good to have different reviews and reviewers who like different games. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

From what I played it's a very big step up from Shining Hearts, though I consider that to be by far the low point of the Shining series.