By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath Traveler is so popular it has sold out on Yodobashi Camera

Preordered mine. I kinda regret that I didn’t get the collector’s edition. But I got a 20% discount on the regular edition. So...

Around the Network
Jranation said:
setsunatenshi said:
Yodobashi is not quite that big when it comes to the games section. At least the one in Akihabara wasn't. I think the Gundam (+ figures / plastic toys) section was just as big, if not bigger, than the entire gaming section on this specific Yodobashi. Which in itself was only 1 out of 8 floors of a really big building.

Is it common to hear games being sold out in this store? 

I can't say how common it is that such news is made available. What I can say is that the gaming section on the Yodobashi (in Akihabara at least) was quite small, especially considering the gigantic size of the store itself. Keep in mind a big part of the gaming area is filled with figurines and other merchandise.

If I had to put money on it, it's probably quite easy for a small game like this one to sold out. I'm sure it will have a big appeal in the Japanese market though.

I hope it will pushes Switch passed 65k week.

Switch!!!

So it's probably extremely underrepresented at COMG. I'd love to see it do really well in japan as well as worldwide. I adore the artstyle and the story and mechanics seem solid from the demos so far. One of my most anticipated games since it got announced.

Edit: I just noticed that the physical version is sold out in amazon.de too now.

Very glad to hear this. It’s one of my most anticipated games this year...just sad I don’t have a Switch yet.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Green098 said:
Always a good sign that there is high demand for this game. To be honest the moment it was revealed there was no major doubt this wouldn't sell well.

Yodobashi selling out doesn't necessarily mean high demand though. As someone else as pointed out, few ppl in JPN actually go to Yodobashi to buy games. 

There are easier, and cheaper, options available. 

But of course it will be interesting to see how it sells in JPN. Could do very well. 

Its not the only place selling out or having the game in high demand.

Not saying that it will break records and all, but its bound to do really well in Japan.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

If it sells more than Bravely Default, I'll believe it when I see it. Just because it's selling out in a store means nothing. Store might have underestimated the demand and not ordered enough. I'm interested in it, but I don't sense the hype for this game anywhere outside of these forums. Certain people are acting like this will be the next Final Fantasy and lead to a resurgence in old-school RPGs, but they're bound to be disappointed. Less than 2 million physical, almost certainly. Likely not even as much as BD.

HylianSwordsman said:
If it sells more than Bravely Default, I'll believe it when I see it. Just because it's selling out in a store means nothing. Store might have underestimated the demand and not ordered enough. I'm interested in it, but I don't sense the hype for this game anywhere outside of these forums. Certain people are acting like this will be the next Final Fantasy and lead to a resurgence in old-school RPGs, but they're bound to be disappointed. Less than 2 million physical, almost certainly. Likely not even as much as BD.

Sold out on Amazon Canada and Germany and almost everywhere on the first spot otherwise (and been there for days already); also it's not the only shop in Japan where it sold out, just the first one who did (scroll down a bit).

According to this site BD sold only 1.4M, half a million of those each in Japan and the US. While I think it will do less in Japan, it will be better selling outside of Japan, especially in Europe.

https://nintendoeverything.com/octopath-traveler-selling-out-in-japan-full-map-of-orsterra-shared/

Tweet from Octopath PR (In Japanese)
"Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

We are sorry that some of the shops are out of stock in the three holidays!
You can also consider the DL version and the download card for sale at Lawson!"

Maybe not just one niche store?

Shaunodon said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/octopath-traveler-selling-out-in-japan-full-map-of-orsterra-shared/

Tweet from Octopath PR (In Japanese)
"Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

We are sorry that some of the shops are out of stock in the three holidays!
You can also consider the DL version and the download card for sale at Lawson!"

Maybe not just one niche store?

I wonder how much Square produced for retail overall in Japan?

I'll take it as a good sign for now.