By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath Traveler is so popular it has sold out on Yodobashi Camera

Great news! It definitely qent above the retailer's expectations

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
vivster said:
It's a classic FF game that you can play portable. Of course it will sell amazingly. Hopefully it sells enough for SE to put it on mobile.

Yeah, like Bravely Default and Bravely Second

Yeah, I pre-ordered it just in case.

And I have yet to preorder here where I live (México).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's definitely going to be big , can't wait to continue the story.

Around the Network

Very impressed with the buzz this game is building for itself.
This is essentially Nintendo and Square Enix making it big with the good old shareware model!

I'm a moderate fan of golden age RPGs myself, but I just don't see Octopath Traveller's art or premise as particularly exciting, and the battle system really isn't tickling my funny bone. But man, the music. And there's a promise of quite a lot of content.

Hopefully it does well, Square and Tokyo RPG Factory could use some encouraging news JRPG wise.

twintail said:
Green098 said:
Always a good sign that there is high demand for this game. To be honest the moment it was revealed there was no major doubt this wouldn't sell well.

Yodobashi selling out doesn't necessarily mean high demand though. As someone else as pointed out, few ppl in JPN actually go to Yodobashi to buy games. 

There are easier, and cheaper, options available. 

But of course it will be interesting to see how it sells in JPN. Could do very well. 

Yeah I didn't really know that, the OP is pretty vague in terms of Octopath Traveller's performance if you don't have the knowledge of how significant the retailer is. 

I still think it'll do quite well regardless though. While I expect the west to obviously make up the majority of its sales I think it'll have slightly above normal Japanese sales even if that really is only 350-500k lifetime these days.

setsunatenshi said:
Yodobashi is not quite that big when it comes to the games section. At least the one in Akihabara wasn't. I think the Gundam (+ figures / plastic toys) section was just as big, if not bigger, than the entire gaming section on this specific Yodobashi. Which in itself was only 1 out of 8 floors of a really big building.

Is it common to hear games being sold out in this store? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

It will be interesting to see how much hardware goes the week this game launches. Can it beat out PS4 hardware the week Monster Hunter World released?