By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

gtotheunit91 said:
DonFerrari said:

I would say PS5 have a lot of features that I wasn't expecting and that are mostly PC centric (and probably Xbox, but I don't follow to really know, from what I hear they have more than PS5 anyway), so the level of choice is bigger than ever for consoles.

By a mile for sure! This generation of consoles is the closest to PC level gaming consoles have ever been. And the gap between the two will continue to close as the years go on. Hell, the custom SSD in the PS5 is so fast that Spider-Man actually loads faster on PS5 than a top of the line commercial SSD on PC right now lol. By a solid couple of seconds too. 

Idk if they’ll ever become 1:1 in performance comparison as there’s new processors, graphics cards, hard drives, etc ever other year whereas consoles take several years at least before a hardware upgrade happen, but that’s also why it’s such a big deal that PC features such as AMD’s FSR 2.0 upscaling AI technology can be fully utilized on console to where hardware limitations become less and less of an issue. The future of console gaming is as bright as ever for sure! 

I was talking more on the number of options to chose on the setup of the game and output technologies. On the pure muscle front PC will keep its lead due to cost constraints in console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Looks like Spider-Man topped out near at 66,500 players on Steam today. Probably will be the highest number of players for PlayStation on PC for a while.

I doubt the Uncharted Collection will get that high. Miles Morales will probably get close to similar numbers, but given it’s smaller than the first Spider-Man game, it probably won’t get as high. The Last of Us Part I could….but it depends on what price point Sony will have it at. Which, if it’s releasing supposedly not too long after the console release, pretty sure it’ll be the same price as the console version.

But, Spider-Man is currently sitting at 96% Overwhelmingly Positive after 10,000 reviews on Steam! A slam dunk as far as another insanely quality PC release. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 14 August 2022

the-pi-guy said:

Story recap of GoW.

I imagine we will see a big trailer in the next coming weeks, if not this week.

This recap misses the sex minigames from the first trilogy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

the-pi-guy said:

Story recap of GoW.

I imagine we will see a big trailer in the next coming weeks, if not this week.

I mean, I already pre-ordered my copy. dumb, I know, but I have no shame. All the 'pre-ordering is bad' culture is dumb. companies that have proven themselves have earned my trust. I have every intention to pre-order sequels to games I loved or projects done by teams that have impressed frequently in the past. 

I'll gladly pick up any game directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. I have no qualms with pre-ordering God of War. I am going to be getting Pokemon Scarlet and Violet at launch. Etc. All fun stuff, all earned trust and respect! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Finally bought a PS5

I saw it available on Amazon bundled with Horizon and didn't think much, I know next months will be hard to find for the standard price due to Christmas so I rushed to get it

It's arriving this week, I guess Thursday or Friday

Can you guys please enlight me, is it possible to carry my saves from PS4 versions to PS5?

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

Finally bought a PS5

I saw it available on Amazon bundled with Horizon and didn't think much, I know next months will be hard to find for the standard price due to Christmas so I rushed to get it

Can you guys please enlight me, is it possible to carry my saves from PS4 versions to PS5?

It is, but it isn't a 100% thing.

It is "easy" for PS4 versions on PS5 that you are using BC. But for games that you will use upgrades or that you have different SKU it is a case by case depending on the dev as it isn't an automatic thing. Yakuza 7 for example it is impossible, in Death Stranding seems like you need to do some specific process, while in some other games it is straight up just load the file.

So unfortunately you will need to check for what game you want to play.

DonFerrari said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Finally bought a PS5

It is "easy" for PS4 versions on PS5 that you are using BC. But for games that you will use upgrades or that you have different SKU it is a case by case depending on the dev as it isn't an automatic thing. Yakuza 7 for example it is impossible, in Death Stranding seems like you need to do some specific process, while in some other games it is straight up just load the file.

Alright. It will be case by case then. The only game I'm currently planning to upgrade is Ghost of Tsushima, but I didn't even started it yet

the-pi-guy said:
Runa216 said:

I mean, I already pre-ordered my copy. dumb, I know, but I have no shame. All the 'pre-ordering is bad' culture is dumb. companies that have proven themselves have earned my trust. I have every intention to pre-order sequels to games I loved or projects done by teams that have impressed frequently in the past. 

I'll gladly pick up any game directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. I have no qualms with pre-ordering God of War. I am going to be getting Pokemon Scarlet and Violet at launch. Etc. All fun stuff, all earned trust and respect! 

There are probably 4 studios that I have no issue pre-ordering from. Unless something really doesn't look like it's my type of game.

Team Asobi, From Software, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog.

On my taste I would replace FS to PD but I do agree that it is a limited number of studios that I would have "blind faith", perhaps would add Insominiac since SM and I do trust but not that blindly on GG (I preordered HFW because it was like free upgrade and 12% discount that ended up costing less than 40USD for the game with even PS5 version so it was a calculated risk, and sure I liked the original Horizon).

IcaroRibeiro said:
DonFerrari said:

Alright. It will be case by case then. The only game I'm currently planning to upgrade is Ghost of Tsushima, but I didn't even started it yet

For GoT it seems that you only need to have the PS4 save on the cloud or saved/transferred to PS5 and you'll be able to play the upgraded version with your save.

the-pi-guy said:

Team Asobi: “We want our games to feel like they’re made in Japan”

At the time of Astro's Playroom launch, Team Asobi was a development unit within the wider Japan Studio. But in 2021, Sony closed the developer, and spun Team Asobi out as its own company.

Back then, Team Asobi was around 35 employees, and has since grown to more than 60, and Doucet expects that number to reach around 100 people.

Team Asobi's next project will follow in the footsteps of the games it has done before, but will be a full-blown commercial title, "and our biggest to date," says Doucet.

Astro's Playroom was AWESOME! Took the extra couple of hours after beating it to get Platinum. Team Asobi is clearly a very talented studio and I can't wait to see what they're capable of making when given the budget and time to work on a game that isn't meant as a pack-in tech demo.