By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Been playing Control for about a week now on PS4. Aside from the framerate drops at times, it's such a good game and just keeps getting better. The story so far is so weird yet unique and intriguing. The mechanics and gunplay are very fluid and so enjoyable. The map layout and art direction are quite visually pleasing. It's looking like a rare game I just may have to play again on PS5 later on.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Team Asobi: “We want our games to feel like they’re made in Japan”

At the time of Astro's Playroom launch, Team Asobi was a development unit within the wider Japan Studio. But in 2021, Sony closed the developer, and spun Team Asobi out as its own company.

Back then, Team Asobi was around 35 employees, and has since grown to more than 60, and Doucet expects that number to reach around 100 people.

Team Asobi's next project will follow in the footsteps of the games it has done before, but will be a full-blown commercial title, "and our biggest to date," says Doucet.

It was likely a massive shrunk from Japan Studios to just Team Asobi, but I'm happy they are growing. They deserve a 1000 headcount with several teams =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Has anyone expressed concern about that survey that was passed around EVO recently where one of the questions was, "Which of the following NFT/Digital Collectibles would you most be interested in purchasing?" There was no option to say that you weren't interested in NFT's. You had to choose one of the options provided from Favorite music arts, PlayStation items, favorite game characters, etc. It was a rigged survey to show there was supposed interest in NFT's. You partook in this survey as part of a "quest" to get a free t-shirt. Now, I went to Dreamhack a couple of months ago. There was a survey from one of the sponsors, Nesquik, and if you participated, you got a free t-shirt out of it. The line was over 2 hours long.

And with how large EVO is compared to Dreamhack, I can't imagine how many participated in this survey. What's especially disconcerting is that Sony still hasn't addressed this since it gained traction almost a week and a half ago. Sony was quick to shoot down that the PlayStation Stars program was not in any way connected to NFT's when it was noted in the announcement that digital collectibles was part of the program, but they still haven't addressed this issue. It would be foolish to say that no tech company would at least be dabbling in NFT's, especially one as large as Sony, but with how much backlash and disinterest there's been in the gaming community, it's odd that this came up at one of the largest gaming conventions in the world. I reeeeeeeally hope Sony doesn't actually go down this road and this was nothing more than something they're dabbling with internally and never actually sees the light of day.

the-pi-guy said:

Pretty sure they're not actually NFTs:

There were a couple of differences between this and the PlayStation Stars. PlayStation stars was a service announcement, whereas surveys are done all the time. Surveys aren't binding like announcements kind of are.

NFTs are largely becoming less popular. If Sony hasn't jumped on the bandwagon at this point, I really don't think they ever will.

Yeah, I saw that twitter thread with Daniel Ahmad even saying he wouldn't be surprised if Sony comes out to correct the info getting out, but that was 11 days ago.

I'm sure it'll be nothing in the end because like you said, if they haven't done anything by this point, it's doubtful they ever will.

This is interesting. Dataminers have been going through Spider-Man Remastered and have found files pertaining to Co-Op and PvP modes. The files are most likely left over from development but were scrapped.

Makes you wonder if either of these modes may make an appearance in Spider-Man 2 though!

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Makes you wonder if either of these modes may make an appearance in Spider-Man 2 though!

I've kind of assumed that 2 will allow players to coop as Peter and Miles. Maybe a third game will bring in even more of the Spiderverse.

TallSilhouette said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I've kind of assumed that 2 will allow players to coop as Peter and Miles. Maybe a third game will bring in even more of the Spiderverse.

That would be awesome! The PvP mode was probably for the best scrapped though. At least judging by what it would have been. It would've just been a 1v1 with both players trying to find each other throughout New York to beat each other up. That would've gotten old pretty quickly imho lol.

If Insomniac is able to get a Spider-Man PvP mode right and fun, I'm all for it then! 

gtotheunit91 said:

Has anyone expressed concern about that survey that was passed around EVO recently where one of the questions was, "Which of the following NFT/Digital Collectibles would you most be interested in purchasing?" There was no option to say that you weren't interested in NFT's. You had to choose one of the options provided from Favorite music arts, PlayStation items, favorite game characters, etc. It was a rigged survey to show there was supposed interest in NFT's. You partook in this survey as part of a "quest" to get a free t-shirt. Now, I went to Dreamhack a couple of months ago. There was a survey from one of the sponsors, Nesquik, and if you participated, you got a free t-shirt out of it. The line was over 2 hours long.

And with how large EVO is compared to Dreamhack, I can't imagine how many participated in this survey. What's especially disconcerting is that Sony still hasn't addressed this since it gained traction almost a week and a half ago. Sony was quick to shoot down that the PlayStation Stars program was not in any way connected to NFT's when it was noted in the announcement that digital collectibles was part of the program, but they still haven't addressed this issue. It would be foolish to say that no tech company would at least be dabbling in NFT's, especially one as large as Sony, but with how much backlash and disinterest there's been in the gaming community, it's odd that this came up at one of the largest gaming conventions in the world. I reeeeeeeally hope Sony doesn't actually go down this road and this was nothing more than something they're dabbling with internally and never actually sees the light of day.

Having 10 options that are NFT and one saying you don't want NFT would already be bad enough (even more when it isn't clear or put in a position less likely to be chosen), but not even giving an option to say you don't want is very bad imho. And sure it is just a survey, but if you rig your survey you may end up with a poor decision (perhaps they can track the number of answers versus the number of recipients to see it wasn't something people engaged), still Sony should do better.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Got an invite to buy a PS5 from Sony. Really not the best time, since I just started a new job and have like 5 games in the middle of playthroughs, but its probably not getting any cheaper anytime soon, and I don't know when I'll be able to buy one net, so I guess it's time.

I get free shipping if I buy a game with it, so I guess I'll do that. I'm trying to find something not on PSPlus. Ratchet and Clank and Elden Ring seem like the best choices, but I'm not super jazzed about either. Any other recommendations?