By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

the-pi-guy said:

I think that the next SoP will come after GT7 release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Well, As of this writing, Elden Ring has a 98 on Metacritic.

Wait, 97. Still. Um, wow. I knew it was going to do well, but I thought 'well' was like 92-93. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

SegaHeart said:

Imagine Sony owning FromSoft? They are perfect.

Honestly, I'd rather not. I know their games tend to fit the sony mold better, but I'd hate to take games like Elden Ring away from Xbox peeps. Everyone deserves to play this. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I have no idea when I'll actually get my hands on Elden Ring, but I have to say I wasn't expecting it to review this well. I trusted that it would do very well (around 90 average), but it's certainly great to see it receive such praise. Together with Forbidden West it was easily my most anticipated game of the year. Now I just need to somehow get my hands on a PS5.

Bandorr said:

Digital Foundry said they would put off their "review" of Elden ring until the day one patch.
So all those reviews and comments are being made.. off the version that hasn't been patched?

So doesn't that mean the reviews and comments are actually underselling the game? If it is getting a 97/100 off prepatch - imagine the scores post-patch.

yeah but once the troll reviews come in with the 'it's too hard, Fromsoft need to make an easy difficulty' rhetoric, it'll balance out. 

As excited as I am I do see this settling around 94/95 once it's all said and done. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong though, oh my skies above. When I played the beta/network test I thought it was 9.7 worthy based on what little I got to enjoy, but I assumed reviewers would be a bit harsher since it's a soulslike. Figured 92-93 was a reasonable number. Glad to see that, so far, I was wrong. 

Game's not out yet and I already anticipate it being in my top 10. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Darashiva said:

I have no idea when I'll actually get my hands on Elden Ring, but I have to say I wasn't expecting it to review this well. I trusted that it would do very well (around 90 average), but it's certainly great to see it receive such praise. Together with Forbidden West it was easily my most anticipated game of the year. Now I just need to somehow get my hands on a PS5.

it IS out on PS4, if you have one of those. Buy it now, play it, get the upgrade for it and Horizon when you get a PS5. You win twice that way! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Darashiva said:

it IS out on PS4, if you have one of those. Buy it now, play it, get the upgrade for it and Horizon when you get a PS5. You win twice that way! 

I have a PS4, but also have a massive backlog to go through, and I'm not sure if I want to buy two more massive games to play at the moment. That's the main reason I'm considering waiting until I get a PS5 to get them.

I need to complete Demon's Souls so I can play Elden Ring. Ended up rage quitting on 3-2, but didn't realise I was only a minute or two from unlocking the final boss. Oh dear.

the-pi-guy said:

I have my gripes with BotW but the exploration is not one of them. That's some high praise.

With how harsh critics are when it comes to reviews nowadays, especially with open world games, I'm shocked Elden Ring is scoring this high lol. It might end up as the highest scoring game of the generation.

There will be a few reviews that will end up dragging its score down though as is tradition.