By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Monthly Steam hardware survey analysis

It still amazes me to how worldwide steam is compared to other platforms. With xbox it is us and playstation the asia region. But with steam it's worldwide!

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Be warned, Conina. I've just been asked to take part in the survey this month, so numbers will be skewed.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Be warned, Conina. I've just been asked to take part in the survey this month, so numbers will be skewed.

so, what hardware will get boosted by your PC?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

so, what hardware will get boosted by your PC?

Boosted? Ha! My dead weight system wil drag everything down .

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

New Steam Survey results are out, and NVidia GPUs and Intel CPUs look like sliding a bit.

AMD GPUs are still a curious case. Still only the 7900XTX... but the 780M, 760M and 740M, so the APU GPUs, all show up now.

Around the Network

I think I am going to upgrade my laptop when it dies. But it seems many people keep there graphics cards for years.

BiON!@ 

Well, most of us are regular people that don't have the money (or the need) to change our graphics card every new generation launches.

Let be noted, Conina, that, for reasons I won't share right now, I've taken the hardware survey a second time this month, and with "slighlty" different hardware...

JEMC said:

Let be noted, Conina, that, for reasons I won't share right now, I've taken the hardware survey a second time this month, and with "slighlty" different hardware...

I wonder if my laptop will ever get asked to take the survey.

On my old AMD PC, I never got asked if I wanted to participate in 7 years, on my Intel laptop afterwards I got asked 4 times within 6 years.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

I wonder if my laptop will ever get asked to take the survey.

On my old AMD PC, I never got asked if I wanted to participate in 7 years, on my Intel laptop afterwards I got asked 4 times within 6 years.

What can I say. I guess Valve likes me more.