By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Monthly Steam hardware survey analysis

Okay, the Chinese share is down to 26%:

So let's give it a try!

Ada Lovelace is now at 2.9%, RX 7900 XTX is at 0.31%... still no 7900 XT percentages.

Almost 40% of the Steam systems are now raytracing compatible with 8 GB VRAM or more.

Around the Network

At least this data is more believable than the one when Chinese cyber-cafes are more present.

Ada is still on the rise, albeit slower than other gens. The price of the new cards to blame. As for AMD's ... well, it could be worse.

Thanks, Conina.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

At 16.2% GPU share on Steam, AMD has reached it's highest market share in the last 2 years.
On the CPU side, AMD is again slightly increasing compared to the last non-China-Cybercafé-boosted Intel numbers

One suggestion for future charts:

Would it be possible to make a desktop/laptop ratio for the GPUs? It looks to me like most of the growth of new Steam users is just laptop users

I'll try, but it wouldn't be accurate since some laptops use desktop GPUs.

Around the Network
Conina said:

I'll try, but it wouldn't be accurate since some laptops use desktop GPUs.

Ah yeah, true. Would probably show the minimum reach of mobile gaming, though.

No big changes this month, 7900XTX still the only RDNA 3 entry, barring one of the Radeon Graphics, of which there are 3 now.

However, one curious new entry from last month is making big gains, the curiously named RDPDD Chained DD, which seems to be classified as a DX8 or older GPU. Could this be the GPU Apple uses in their M1-M3 chips?

Okay, here we go.

AMD-GPUs (desktop + laptop):

AMD-GPUs (desktop):

Nvidia-GPUs (desktop + laptop):

Nvidia-GPUs (desktop):

Raytracing-compatible systems with at least 8 GB VRAM:

CPUs:

Bofferbrauer2 said:

However, one curious new entry from last month is making big gains, the curiously named RDPDD Chained DD, which seems to be classified as a DX8 or older GPU. Could this be the GPU Apple uses in their M1-M3 chips?

RDPDD = RDP Display Driver = remote desktop display driver... so it is streaming software (Nvidia GeForce Now, Steam Link, Moonlight...)

A part of it is the GeForce RTX T10-8, one of the most popular Geforce Now GPUs:

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Streaming-Dienst-Thema-268201/News/Nvidia-Geforce-Now-Benchmark-Ergebnisse-RTX-T10-8-Intel-CC150-CPU-1343046/

Conina said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

RDPDD = RDP Display Driver = remote desktop display driver... so it is streaming software (Nvidia GeForce Now, Steam Link, Moonlight...)

A part of it is the GeForce RTX T10-8, one of the most popular Geforce Now GPUs:

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Streaming-Dienst-Thema-268201/News/Nvidia-Geforce-Now-Benchmark-Ergebnisse-RTX-T10-8-Intel-CC150-CPU-1343046/

Looks like streaming got a big boost then. Just hoping that this doesn't become something similar to the asian cybercafé situation.