By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Monthly Steam hardware survey analysis

JEMC said:

Thanks for the numbers, Conina.

Absolutely @Conina , kudos for all the work you put into this thread every month!

Around the Network

Slow month...

• slight Ampere increase from 8.03% to 8.63%
  • slight RDNA2 increase from 0.43% to 0.46%
  • slight AMD CPU increase from 30.16% to 30.84%
  • slight VR headset increase from 1.80% to 1.85%

But wait... Windows 11 is in the survey and already on third place (with 1.82%)

Well, not much to say, right? But hey, this time we'll see how fast Win11 grows.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ampere gained 1.5 percent points and broke the 10-percent-barrier.

RDNA2 gained 0.06 percent points and broke the 0.5-percent-barrier.

Ratio now almost 20:1

AMD CPUs gained 0.7 percent points, now 31.54%.

Windows 11 gained 6.46 percent points, now 8.28%.

Thanks, Conina.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Steam is setting new records today, currently 27.83 million concurrent users and 8.16 million users in-game:

Probably Steam will reach the 28 million concurrent-milestone today, still climbing.

P.S.: Meh... it peaked 58k users too early:

Last edited by Conina - on 02 January 2022

It was close. Maybe by the Chinese New Year...

Still, impressive numbers.

The December data is in.

Ampere gained another percent point (from 10.14% to 11.15%), RDNA2 lost 0.01 percent points. Ratio now almost 22:1 !

I'm trying a new type of representation. Instead of listing the Januaries of 2015 - 2021 plus the last few months, I'm listing the last twelve months. The older data are in the new GPU-gen charts.

Since the average Steam user seems to skip whole GPU gens, I added cumulative data of two coherent gens.

Kepler + Maxwell peaked below 30% Steam share, Maxwell + Pascal held over 50% Steam share a long time, Pascal + Turing also held over 50% Steam share a long time, Turing + Ampere just reached 40%:

Almost every fourth surveyed Steam system already has raytracing support. Although I'm thinking about excluding all GPUs below the RTX 2060 Super and below 8GB VRAM. Without RTX 2060 (6 GB) and the RTX 3050 series and the RX 6600 series (so far 0%) we are at 17.3 percent.

And half of the surveyed Steam systems is now faster than the fastest 8th gen console (Xbox One X):

Intel CPUs gained 0.82 percent points in December:

Windows 11 gained 1.87 percent points, now at 10.15%.

And an interesting tidbit: 28% of the MacOS systems on Steam already has an Apple APU:

Insane work, Conina. Thanks a lot.

The Steam record of last Sunday was almost broken today:

Well... perhaps tomorrow the 28m-barrier gets broken.