By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Monthly Steam hardware survey analysis

Well, looks like your prediction was accurate. Steam broke the 28 millions barrier today.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Conina, I have to inform you that I just took part in this month's survey. That means that your February results will be weird and, therefore, unusable.

My bad.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I just logged into Steam and was asked to opt into the survey, so I'm guessing my 1080ti will show up on that list sometime down the road.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JEMC said:

Conina, I have to inform you that I just took part in this month's survey. That means that your February results will be weird and, therefore, unusable.

My bad.

Chazore said:

I just logged into Steam and was asked to opt into the survey, so I'm guessing my 1080ti will show up on that list sometime down the road.

You broke the survey!

It's down for the third day!

Another explanation is that the survey guy/gal has to enter the "Steam Deck Verified" data.

Leave that guy/gal alone, Valve! Hire some more people for a few months to test Steam Deck compatibility and enter the results!

The January data is finally in.

Ampere gained a bit, but Turing dropped over 1%.Due to that "Turing + Ampere" fell from 40.29% to 39.49%.

RDNA2 gained 0.02%, RDNA1 lost 0.02%, so RDNA is still stalling.

AMD CPUs gained a bit, almost reaching 31% share.

Around the Network

Once again, thanks for doing this, Conina.

It's strange how little Ampere gained given that not only Turing, but also Pascal cards fell in the survey. We'll see how they do next month with two extra Pascal cards in there .

AMD's situation is... well, it's a disaster that AMD doesn't seem to be able to fix. Either that or they don't care about it given that they still sell everything they produce and make record profits.

On another note, if you don't mind me saying this, I don't think all the CPU results you post are "that" interesting, and I'm talking specifically about the different frequencies. In my opinion, and please don't take this wrong, the summary you make of those (the Intel/AMD 2.0+ GHz, 3.0+ GHz, etc.) are enough to give us a picture of how they're distributed.

Also, even though they're not splitted by brand, the stat that tells us how many cores have those CPUs is also important. 4 cores still rule over the 6 core ones.

Nice Ampere boost from 11.54% to 12.80%.

RDNA2 also gained 0.04 percentage points (from 0.54% to 0.58%).

Conina said:

Ampere:

RDNA2:

Thanks for the numbers, Conina.

Conina said:

And this is exactly why Radeon prices will stay where they are, close to GeForce pricing in general going forward, assuming performance remains relatively close. Might very well get worse if RDNA 3 can catch if not exceed Lovelace overall.

After AMD's worthy attempts at cost per performance with Polaris falling flat, there's no point in them offering much cheaper pricing going forward as it will make little difference in terms of their PC market share. AMD might as well make bank wherever they can with Radeon in the PC space at this point.

New annual Steam stats:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/group/4145017/view/3133946090937137590?