By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated Game of July?

Most Anticipated Game of July?

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion 12 1.03%

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 105 9.01%

Code of Princess EX 14 1.20%

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 77 6.60%

Octopath Traveler 547 46.91%

Red Faction Guerrilla: Re-Mars-tered Edition 37 3.17%

Shining Resonance Refrain 52 4.46%

The Banner Saga 3 33 2.83%

Touhou Genso Wanderer: Reloaded 4 0.34%

Nothing This Month 285 24.44%

Total:1,166
Aeolus451 said:
potato_hamster said:

Bother's me? Not in the least. But it is silly, considering it's something that him and possibly a few other... "extreme VR enthusiasts" came up with it to take a dig at the way 99% of games are played as if playing video games on a television in 2018 is old-fashioned and playing games on VR headsets is the new standard.

He's likely right that vr or something akin to it will be the new standard way to play games  relatively in the near future so I don't consider it a dig at all. Early adapters always talk as if what they're doing is the normal.

VR will probably never be the standard way to play games. Sony hasn't even managed to sell 3 million VR headsets in over 1.5 years, it's looking at a less sales in its second year than its first year at this point, and they have made the most popular VR headsets by far. This is is this standard? An add-on that begins to reach its saturation point after a year?

Around the Network

Of all the games on that list, the only one I'll be buying is Octopath Traveler, like I've said before; It's the game that sold me on the Switch, and I played the first demo and thought it was brilliant, so much so that I haven't even needed to try the second demo to make sure, I just know I'll love it. Although due to my backlog and ongoing playthrough of Persona 5, I won't actually be playing it this month, lol

potato_hamster said:
Aeolus451 said:

He's likely right that vr or something akin to it will be the new standard way to play games  relatively in the near future so I don't consider it a dig at all. Early adapters always talk as if what they're doing is the normal.

VR will probably never be the standard way to play games. Sony hasn't even managed to sell 3 million VR headsets in over 1.5 years, it's looking at a less sales in its second year than its first year at this point, and they have made the most popular VR headsets by far. This is is this standard? An add-on that begins to reach its saturation point after a year?

You're right about VR as it is now because it's incomplete or a just a meager step towards what it will be. No doubt, once it or a similar tech gets fairly close to the ideal version of vr, playing games on a tv will become retro. It will have the ideal level of immersion the vast majority of gamers crave for. 

Only Octopath Traveler for me this month.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Octopath Traveler.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

The

Aeolus451 said:
potato_hamster said:

You're right about VR as it is now because it's incomplete or a just a meager step towards what it will be. No doubt, once it or a similar tech gets fairly close to the ideal version of vr, playing games on a tv will become retro. It will have the ideal level of immersion the vast majority of gamers crave for. 

The "vast majority" of gamers crave the "ideal level of immersion" that VR brings? Do you have any reason to think that? Any credible sources? In fact, I'll take just one source.

Because it appears to me that the "vast majority" are at least tangentially aware of the level of immersion that VR currently has to offer, and haven't even seriously considered picking one up, or even trying one. If the "vast majority" of gamers "crave the ideal level of immersion" why aren't they jumping on VR solutions that are far more immersive than playing on televsion that is available today? Surely that would satiate at least some of that "craving", wouldn't it?

potato_hamster said:

The

The "vast majority" of gamers crave the "ideal level of immersion" that VR brings? Do you have any reason to think that? Any credible sources? In fact, I'll take just one source.

Because it appears to me that the "vast majority" are at least tangentially aware of the level of immersion that VR currently has to offer, and haven't even seriously considered picking one up, or even trying one. If the "vast majority" of gamers "crave the ideal level of immersion" why aren't they jumping on VR solutions that are far more immersive than playing on televsion that is available today? Surely that would satiate at least some of that "craving", wouldn't it?

I too would love to see this icnrediably insane amount of data, because I know for a solid fact that not everyone likes what a niche few like, let alone the 8b+ people like/dislike on this planet.

Not everyone likes VR, if everyone did it would have taken off decades ago, and would have been supported very heavily like the TV/Radio were at the time. 

Also before any VR nut steps in with the supporting comment, we supported science so hard that we landed on the god damn Moon, if we cannot push for VR decades ago and hardly anyone supported it, there is your answer, not many people care, not even other businesses. If VR is truly important and widely loved, we'd see Moon some Moon landing scale of support and insanely large pushes for it, yet we haven't. 

I played the demo of Octopath Traveler and it went from not on my radar to "I need to find time someday to play this!"

Octopath, hands down./Its not even a contest really.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

*fires a flare gun that spells "Octopath Traveler"* That's all I have to say. :)