By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated Game of July?

Most Anticipated Game of July?

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion 12 1.03%

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 105 9.01%

Code of Princess EX 14 1.20%

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 77 6.60%

Octopath Traveler 547 46.91%

Red Faction Guerrilla: Re-Mars-tered Edition 37 3.17%

Shining Resonance Refrain 52 4.46%

The Banner Saga 3 33 2.83%

Touhou Genso Wanderer: Reloaded 4 0.34%

Nothing This Month 285 24.44%

Total:1,166

my backlog will be what is for July.

maybe Jurassic park that just released on the 3rd.

Around the Network

nothing really interresting, but that is not bad, keeping money for other games

New Game - The Persistence PSVR
New DLC - Arizona Sunshine: Dead Men PSVR

VR is the only place with any titles I am interested in over the next two months. Next retro style game I am looking forward to is Spider-Man in Septemeber.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Banner Saga 3 for me. 👾

KBG29 said:

VR is the only place with any titles I am interested in over the next two months. Next retro style game I am looking forward to is Spider-Man in Septemeber.

So this is going to be your new "thing", is it?. Calling games that aren't VR-based "Retro style"? You know it appears that VR headsets appear to be down year on year compared to last year, right? It's more likely that VR is going to once again be relegated to a niche of PC gaming than it is to become mainstream as it stands right now.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
KBG29 said:

So this is going to be your new "thing", is it?. Calling games that aren't VR-based "Retro style"? You know it appears that VR headsets appear to be down year on year compared to last year, right? It's more likely that VR is going to once again be relegated to a niche of PC gaming than it is to become mainstream as it stands right now.

"Retro style" bothers you, I take it?

Aeolus451 said:
potato_hamster said:

Bother's me? Not in the least. But it is silly, considering it's something that him and possibly a few other... "extreme VR enthusiasts" came up with it to take a dig at the way 99% of games are played as if playing video games on a television in 2018 is old-fashioned and playing games on VR headsets is the new standard.

Octopath Traveler without question. It is my next game after Horizon Zero Dawn and is already preordered.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

KBG29 said:

Retro style game?.

Spider-Man is a new game.

potato_hamster said:
Aeolus451 said:

Bother's me? Not in the least. But it is silly, considering it's something that him and possibly a few other... "extreme VR enthusiasts" came up with it to take a dig at the way 99% of games are played as if playing video games on a television in 2018 is old-fashioned and playing games on VR headsets is the new standard.

He's likely right that vr or something akin to it will be the new standard way to play games  relatively in the near future so I don't consider it a dig at all. Early adapters always talk as if what they're doing is the normal.