By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Greatest Nintendo launch title?

My vote goes to...

Super Mario Bros 9 6.98%

Super Mario World 10 7.75%

Mario 64 38 29.46%

Wii Sports 6 4.65%

Zelda Twilight Princess 5 3.88%

Zelda Breath of the Wild 60 46.51%

Other 1 0.78%

Total:129

To me Breath of the Wild. My favorite game ever.
Made it worth every peny I paid for the Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Easily Super Mario World. One of the best games of all time.

Ill always have a soft spot for Mario 64. Playing that game for the very first time with full 3D controls blew my mind. I don't think anything can top that experience. Zelda BOTW is a close 2nd. It didnt revolutionize anything however it was perfection in the openworld genre.

Twilight Princess. Not because it's the best game of this list... It's because it is the one I had more hype for and the one I enjoyed the most at the moment.

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Around the Network

Mario 64, though Mario World is a decent runner up. Twilight Princess was a pretty great launch title too.

BoTW. The sheer shock value of that made it too important to dismiss...

mario 64 or mario world... not sure if i could decide.

Those of you that didn’t live through the launch of NES and SMB can’t truly appreciate it I guess. To imagine the experience, take BOTW, and then picture that every other game on the market is about 1/10 the size. No other open world games out there. Then imagine that you and everyone you know is so hyped about the new Zelda that 95% of people stop buying XBoxes, PS4s and even smart devices. The ONLY thing everyone wants is the Switch. NowTHAT, is a launch title.

BOTW easily not only one of the best games in history in the modern era but it also set the Switch on its way only SMB on NES really matches that as the other launch titles were good but didn't give their platforms the high momentum these games did.