By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Azuren said:
DrDoomz said:

The Xbox one S version I got uses a 110-240v autovolt range, it looks like. My chargers are all ok with the sockets. Do french sockets use a different wattage or something?

Not a big fan of Europe so far lol.

I don't know that much about European voltages, but the range on the Xbox should be fine. I might just be coincidence. Did you call Microsoft?

Working on that as soon as their chat services are up (another 4 hours it looks like) wish there was a MS repair place near where I was but my wife tends to book us on the not-too-urbanized areas of Europe.

Around the Network

If its 110-230V 50/60Hz auto then it should work fine in France.

The power supply may have been damaged by high voltage spike or it was just faulty to begin with and works intermittently.

Looks like Xbox support chat is up. Wish meh luck guyz. :’(

MS repair is generally great so things should go smoothly.

Support said the local MS store would help me.

But there isn’t a single MS store for 100 miles... T_T

Around the Network
DrDoomz said:
DialgaMarine said:
Get a decent gaming laptop, or home PC, that supports Windows 10. A bit more expensive, but extremely worth it. I got one, got rid of the Xbone S, and haven’t looked back.

I have all those. Alienware laptop (1070 GPU) and a decked out gaming PC. I just prefer a console to game.

Why do you have a gaming laptop with a GTX 1070 if you don't like gaming on it?

I could understand the console preference at home if you game on a big TV there... but wouldn't be the gaming laptop much more convenient on travel?

Most hotel TVs are quite shitty.

DrDoomz said:
Darc Requiem said:
Did you use the correct power cord? Europe has different output than the US. You can fry your electronics if you don't use the proper power cord.

Might be what happened. Used my wife’s adaptor worked for 2 days then suddenly it just stopped working.

Actually thought of buying a European Xbox to replace it so I won’t go nuts (gaming is the only way ai can unwind) but the damned thing is 280 eurors here (320 USD), so I said eff that lol.

Wow in what part of France are you? Reunion? (Not a serious question)

Xbox One S is dirt cheap in Europe. You can very often get a bundle with a recent game for 150€.

Barozi said:
DrDoomz said:

Might be what happened. Used my wife’s adaptor worked for 2 days then suddenly it just stopped working.

Actually thought of buying a European Xbox to replace it so I won’t go nuts (gaming is the only way ai can unwind) but the damned thing is 280 eurors here (320 USD), so I said eff that lol.

Wow in what part of France are you? Reunion? (Not a serious question)

Xbox One S is dirt cheap in Europe. You can very often get a bundle with a recent game for 150€.

Provance atm. Lol. Wife wanted to see the lavenders.

Conina said:
DrDoomz said:

I have all those. Alienware laptop (1070 GPU) and a decked out gaming PC. I just prefer a console to game.

Why do you have a gaming laptop with a GTX 1070 if you don't like gaming on it?

I could understand the console preference at home if you game on a big TV there... but wouldn't be the gaming laptop much more convenient on travel?

Most hotel TVs are quite shitty.

Yeahhh but I hate gaming on a mouse these days. I actually had a game I liked back when I bought the laptop. For the life of me, I can’t remember what it was. I earn decent money so gaming laptops/consoles don’t really come close to denting the budget.

My options was to wait for repairs on my Xbox and wait an unspecified amount of time or just get a new one that’s a bit overpriced.

Seeing as I have more money than brains apparently and even less patince. Have decided on the latter. One overpriced Xbox is now downloading my games.

Oh well. :( RIP Xbox One S One. Hello Xbox One S Two.