By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 25) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - June 18 - June 24, 2018

Not bad for switch, almost 10k above its baseline.
And seems that COMG underrepresents Nintendo titles.

Around the Network

Surprised that KH HD 1.5 + 2.5 actually climbed.
Mario Tennis had a good start and it will most probably have great legs.
Also surprised that Detroit still has not dropped out of the top 20 lol.

outlawauron said:
Acevil said:

I always found breaker to not be as good as the lets say versus series, did the new engine really make it that much worse?

New Gundam Breaker is the worst Gundam game in over a decade. The very worst since Crossfire in 2006. Once people started playing it, the game got so much hate. Stores are flooded with trade-ins to the point where they don't even give you 1/3 of the value for it. Kinda glad as games this bad shouldn't be rewarded.

Crossfire instantly brings chills down my spine. The game was so horrible.

I read about the trade-ins, but also why they hated it so much. Apparently the engine screwed up the gameplay so much, that it felt like a completely different game. Sound like melee players reacting to brawl.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Was hoping +50k this week for Switch, but alas. Don't think Octopath is gonna make anymore of a difference. Do we have a date for YW4 yet? Probably the only chance of Switch hardware getting a significant boost before Pokemon.

EDIT: Mario Tennis Open on 3DS increased hardware sales from 43k the previous week to 55k, just to add further context to my dissatisfaction.

What was the 3DS sales the Week before? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

jonathanalis said:
Not bad for switch, almost 10k above its baseline.
And seems that COMG underrepresents Nintendo titles.

Yep! They ar ehaving a great ratio recently. Probably: 

- Not much people are going to COMG

-Not much people are preordering 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

Mario Tennis is the biggest Nintendo release in almost a year (until Super Mario Party in early October). How is it not expected to push hardware? Did Nintendo give up?

Nintendo had a strategy of releasing a bunch of small-medium tier titles from Jan-Oct this year which seems to have done a good job of keeping steady/consistent sales. 

Jan-Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Feb-Bayonetta 1+2

March-Kirby: Star Allies/Hyrule Warriors DX

April-Labo Variety/Labo Robot

May-DKC: Tropical Freeze

June-Sushi Striker/Mario Tennis Aces

July-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Sept-Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna

Oct-Super Mario Party

You might add Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy for August. A late 3DS port, but still...

Yikes ... some of the people in this thread ...

What Monster Hunter did for the PS4 is impressive, even for that series. And the numbers the Switch is doing, is also good. Both facts need to be accepted.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Nintendo had a strategy of releasing a bunch of small-medium tier titles from Jan-Oct this year which seems to have done a good job of keeping steady/consistent sales. 

Feb-Bayonetta 1+2

Oct-Super Mario Party

You might add Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy for August. A late 3DS port, but still...

I wish Level 5 would just give me a physical HD Layton collection. Even two, with each Trilogy in a seperate collection would be fine. I just want my Layton in glorious HD on Switch T__T

So I've been keeping track of the Media Create numbers since the beginning of the year.

This chart is a comparision on how each platform was/is doing in its YTD each week compared to 2017.

Switch and PS4 are up at around 120% but PS4 is slowly losing out to the weekly sales of last year while Switch's trajectory seems to be going up slowly but it had stock issues at this point in 2017.

Vita and 3DS are consistently weak this year and that will probably stay this way.

The XBOX had an insane boost with Monster Hunter at the start of the year but thats easy to do if you a ~200 unit baseline. :D

Last edited by Marth - on 28 June 2018

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Feb-Bayonetta 1+2

Oct-Super Mario Party

No my list was just Nintendo published games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.