By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 25) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - June 18 - June 24, 2018

jonathanalis said:
Not bad for switch, almost 10k above its baseline.
And seems that COMG underrepresents Nintendo titles.

Yep! They ar ehaving a great ratio recently. Probably: 

- Not much people are going to COMG

-Not much people are preordering 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

Mario Tennis is the biggest Nintendo release in almost a year (until Super Mario Party in early October). How is it not expected to push hardware? Did Nintendo give up?

Nintendo had a strategy of releasing a bunch of small-medium tier titles from Jan-Oct this year which seems to have done a good job of keeping steady/consistent sales. 

Jan-Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Feb-Bayonetta 1+2

March-Kirby: Star Allies/Hyrule Warriors DX

April-Labo Variety/Labo Robot

May-DKC: Tropical Freeze

June-Sushi Striker/Mario Tennis Aces

July-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Sept-Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna

Oct-Super Mario Party

You might add Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy for August. A late 3DS port, but still...

Yikes ... some of the people in this thread ...

What Monster Hunter did for the PS4 is impressive, even for that series. And the numbers the Switch is doing, is also good. Both facts need to be accepted.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Nintendo had a strategy of releasing a bunch of small-medium tier titles from Jan-Oct this year which seems to have done a good job of keeping steady/consistent sales. 

Feb-Bayonetta 1+2

Oct-Super Mario Party

You might add Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy for August. A late 3DS port, but still...

I wish Level 5 would just give me a physical HD Layton collection. Even two, with each Trilogy in a seperate collection would be fine. I just want my Layton in glorious HD on Switch T__T

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Feb-Bayonetta 1+2

Oct-Super Mario Party

No my list was just Nintendo published games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

There is a Vita game in there. Who allowed that to happen?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RaptorChrist said:
I'm hoping it's not too early to post. The Switch is very much overrepresented in Japan compared to the rest of the world. Hopefully it can help boost their declining gaming economy. Kinda sad, actually, as I remember back in the DS vs PSP days things were doing so well. Japan must have been at least 25% of the global market.

Sony and Nintendo failed to evolve with the times, and continue to refuse to adopt the most basic needs of mobile devices. To me it is absolutely no wonder why they have lost so much of the userbase, and the answer to recapturing a market as big, if not many times bigger than they have ever had in the past is could not be more obvious. My only question now, is will they continue to defiantly oppose the necessities of the casual gaming audience until they completely loose their entire portion of the gaming space in Japan? Or, will they finally deliver Mobile Gaming devices that people can create justification for owing, beyond just gaming, allowing them to take care of there minute to minute computing needs?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Thought Nintendo publishes it but after checking you are right, Level 5 does it themselves

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Thought Nintendo publishes it but after checking you are right, Level 5 does it themselves

Nintendo publishes alot of Level 5 games in the west but in Japan they do it themselves.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Good debut for Aces!