By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Isn't Hollow knight getting as much talked about as Ori and the Blind Forest got Praised for It's exclusivity as Xbox?

Should Hollow Knight get as much praise as Cuphead?

Yes 19 57.58%

No 14 42.42%

Total:33

Probably because it was released on PC well over a year ago, and whatever hype it had happened back then. It's already sold over 500,000 copies on PC, so it's not like the game sold poorly or anything.

Around the Network
think-man said:
It's not an exclusive if it's available on another platform.

Agreed. Because now I'm reading the post and wondering if the OP even knows that Hollow Knight was released on PC.

But to comment on the topic of the thread, I think both are great games. Oddly enough, I have played much more Ori than HK, but I still think HK is the better game. However, Ori looks stunning and has great storytelling elements compared to HK. Thus, I believe the reason it gets so much more praise is because of how talented the dev team was to create such a masterpiece. Hollow Knight is great and all, but it doesn't stand up to Ori in terms of art direction.

Probably the difficulty, while Cup head is hard and can be insane, this is less of an action driven difficulty due to its various elements and platform adventure style of play.

Well I don't know about others but personally if it's not on PS4, I don't really care since I can't play it.

Also It's not really an exclusive game so like so many other games it could come to the PS4 and at that point I'll look into it.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Well I don't know about others but personally if it's not on PS4, I don't really care since I can't play it.

Also It's not really an exclusive game so like so many other games it could come to the PS4 and at that point I'll look into it.

This thread is about console exclusivity, and comparing two games that are on PC but also exclusive to their respective consoles. Neither of them are PS4, and so PS4 has no relevance to this thread.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

This thread is about console exclusivity, and comparing two games that are on PC but also exclusive to their respective consoles. Neither of them are PS4, and so PS4 has no relevance to this thread.

Yeah except this game is not exclusive at all so if exclusivity is the only relevant point in this thread then people need to stop speaking about Hollow Knight.

You know, I think I am pretty much sold on Hollow Knight now. Best part about getting it on Switch now, I won't have to worry what other console it may or may not release on. I wouldn't be interested in a peasant non-mobile port anyway.

Shaunodon said:
You know, I think I am pretty much sold on Hollow Knight now. Best part about getting it on Switch now, I won't have to worry what other console it may or may not release on. I wouldn't be interested in a peasant non-mobile port anyway.

A peasant non-mobile port LOL, somebody is taking things a little too personally and seriously...

Don't worry about it, should it eventually come to PS4, I would be very surprised if the "port" was peasant-like considering it's a simple 2D game and that the PS4 can handle like 10 times the processing demands of any 2D game and like I said, I'll see if I care about this game at such time, no need to right now, I'm busy enough with a ton of games and backlog on my system to start worrying about other games that may or may not come to it.

The short answer is because Nintendo first party outshines Indies.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Shaunodon said:

A peasant non-mobile port LOL, somebody is taking things a little too personally and seriously...

Don't worry about it, should it eventually come to PS4, I would be very surprised if the "port" was peasant-like considering it's a simple 2D game and that the PS4 can handle like 10 times the processing demands of any 2D game and like I said, I'll see if I care about this game at such time, no need to right now, I'm busy enough with a ton of games and backlog on my system to start worrying about other games that may or may not come to it.

I don't remember addressing you or your PS4. I'm only thinking about the quality console-exclusive Hollow Knight, which I'm about to add to my Switch library.