By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 9 June 2018

MasonADC said:
quickrick said:

This only a problem with one game, the issue will be resolved. As for crossplay its not gonna happen, sony has a massive community WW locked in to there PSN subscription, why would they ruin it, unless they had too. 

Considering fortnite doesn't require a subscription, I don't see an issue here. 

whats the point of doing it for only 1 game? I think fortnight is really big on ps4. I mean there going through the trouble of making a bundle, they want to associate it with playstation.  

Around the Network

PS4 still chugging along I see. Next month should be more interesting sales wise for the PS4/Switch......XB1 remaining steady.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

quickrick said:
MasonADC said:

whats the point of doing it for only 1 game? I think fortnight is really big on ps4. I mean there going through the trouble of making a bundle, they want to associate it with playstation.  

Funny, I thought their motto was "For the Players", not "For our Bank Accounts".

I'd imagine anti-consumer practices meant for nothing but to monopolize the market, won't do so well for that brand image.

quickrick said:
MasonADC said:

You mean crossplay? Because more than one game has it, and it will only get bigger 

Sales are fine for ps4 and Switch, Xbox one continues to be sad 

Around the Network

Xbox really needs a killer app

Kerotan said:
MasonADC said:

There's a point where companies should think about the consumers. We shouldn't be supporting Sony's anti consumerism 

I'm more then happy having as little crossplay as possible. I turn it off if possible as it creates more problems on games then it creates for me. I believe if people want to play with or against me they should buy a ps4 and not another console. 

Sony think this too and its definitely a big selling point for the ps4. So many have no reason to buy an xbox when they can't play with their friends but if it had crossplay many would and Sony would lose sales to MS. 

MS wouldn't do this last gen when they were doing well so it's a bit rich of them to expect Sony to do it now. 

Mason made a good point, though. It's like if Sony raised the price of their PS4 instead of lowering it, and instead of complaining, or just remaining silent about it, you justify their reasons for doing so and spin it to be a good thing. Of course, I'm just talking in hyperbole (I hope), but do you see what I mean? Even if your claim about liking the fact that crossplay is disallowed were true, which I don't buy for a second, surely you are open-minded enough as an individual to see how others might find it to their liking. Your negligence reflects poorly on us all as a community. 

Shaunodon said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

When Sony had the market by the balls, not having crossplay with it's main competitor (and pretty much only at the time, poor Wii U) was beneficial for Sony. But now that Switch is quickly getting a very serious contender and visibly teaming up with Microsoft in Minecraft, it's going to make more harm than good.

Minecraft crossplay on Xbox and Switch?
That'd be spicy.

Switch and xbox are really showing no ability to affect ps4 sales in a significant way. And with the insane line up of ps4 exclusives and 3rd party deals on the way this ain't gonna change. Wishful thinking to believe otherwise. 

Shaunodon said:
quickrick said:

Funny, I thought their motto was "For the Players", not "For our Bank Accounts".

I'd imagine anti-consumer practices meant for nothing but to monopolize the market, won't do so well for that brand image.

I'm pretty sure their slogan means for the (PS4) players, not for the players of other consoles.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Kerotan said:

Another easy week for ps4. Increasing the huge gap over its rivals. Outselling xb1 almost 3 to 1. The fortnite outcry won't change a thing. In fact thanks to fortnite Sony will outsell the competition by even more soon enough thanks to this badass bundle. Sony are genius. 

BTW allowing crossplay could hurt sales not help it. Having to buy a ps4 to play with your friends is a huge selling point and it's no wonder ms have been trying so hard to remove that advantage. Sony will stick to their guns. At best they will allow switch along with pc and Mobile but never xbox. 

When Sony had the market by the balls, not having crossplay with it's main competitor (and pretty much only at the time, poor Wii U) was beneficial for Sony. But now that Switch is quickly getting a very serious contender and visibly teaming up with Microsoft in Minecraft, it's going to make more harm than good.

In the US...maybe a little bit. In Europe, Asia etc?! Not a dent...do you really think a tiny MS player base in those areas will make much of a difference?