By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 9 June 2018

LipeJJ said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I'm still waiting for that big turning point I kept seeing posted. Has it been relegated until the end of the year again?

Can you blame it tho? We all know Nintendo sales grow the most during the holidays, and this year the heavy hitters are all releasing in that period, unlike 2017. If sales don’t explode by the end of the year, then we can be sure this is it. But we can’t expect sales to be better than they are now (which are pretty good) when the biggest release for months is Mario Tennis...

There are quite a few big hitters for the PS4 around the end of the year too you know? 

Spiderman and RDR2. 

And there is always that possibility we will see the PS4 for as little as $199 at some point in the fall also. 



Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Pretty much what I expected. Switch only barely above XB1 in North America. It will probably drop below XB1 sales before the end of the year. The Switch train is going to keep running out of steam until Pokemon comes out.

Did Microsoft announce $199 for the rest of the year or something??



FentonCrackshell said:
PS4 still doing great numbers! If only the Fortnite backlash wasn’t effecting sales.

 

Intrinsic said:
PS4 would have don 230k instead of 228k but fortnite happened.

 

Did someone claim the Fortnite situation would have said effect?



KLAMarine said:
FentonCrackshell said:
PS4 still doing great numbers! If only the Fortnite backlash wasn’t effecting sales.

 

Intrinsic said:
PS4 would have don 230k instead of 228k but fortnite happened.

 

Did someone claim the Fortnite situation would have said effect?

I don’t think so. In fact, I think it was quite the opposite. People claimed the Fortnite situation will have no effect at all. 



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

PortisheadBiscuit said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Pretty much what I expected. Switch only barely above XB1 in North America. It will probably drop below XB1 sales before the end of the year. The Switch train is going to keep running out of steam until Pokemon comes out.

Did Microsoft announce $199 for the rest of the year or something??

Liquid Laser has some very weird ideas about switch sales. First he thinks it's going to sell well over 155m, but he also thinks it's going to sell like crap this year. At least he's stuck to those predictions I guess.



Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
LipeJJ said:

Can you blame it tho? We all know Nintendo sales grow the most during the holidays, and this year the heavy hitters are all releasing in that period, unlike 2017. If sales don’t explode by the end of the year, then we can be sure this is it. But we can’t expect sales to be better than they are now (which are pretty good) when the biggest release for months is Mario Tennis...

There are quite a few big hitters for the PS4 around the end of the year too you know? 

Spiderman and RDR2. 

And there is always that possibility we will see the PS4 for as little as $199 at some point in the fall also. 

I’m not comparing it to PS4 here, just saying that after this holidays the Switch baseline should/could significantly grow compared to what we have so far this year, due to the reasons I mentioned (especially the 2 juggernaut system sellers that are also evergreen titles).

But since you mentioned that, I don’t think those titles will have the kind of impact on PS4 this late that Pokémon and Smash will cause on Switch.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

FentonCrackshell said:
KLAMarine said:

 

 

Did someone claim the Fortnite situation would have said effect?

I don’t think so. In fact, I think it was quite the opposite. People claimed the Fortnite situation will have no effect at all. 

its been mixed actually some say it will hurt sales, some say it won't, some say it might.

Still waiting for the 80 million announcement from sony. 



quickrick said:
FentonCrackshell said:

I don’t think so. In fact, I think it was quite the opposite. People claimed the Fortnite situation will have no effect at all. 

its been mixed actually some say it will hurt sales, some say it won't, some say it might.

Still waiting for the 80 million announcement from sony. 

I don’t think it’ll hurt. I don’t think many are buying PS4 in order to play a game that can be played on basically every format imaginable. 



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
quickrick said:

its been mixed actually some say it will hurt sales, some say it won't, some say it might.

Still waiting for the 80 million announcement from sony. 

I don’t think it’ll hurt. I don’t think many are buying PS4 in order to play a game that can be played on basically every format imaginable. 

Well they were saying it makes them look bad in the gaming community, and that reason only.



I thought that whole fortnite thing was gonna make everyone leave the ps4 but wait they can't...