By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners; thoughts on Starlink Battle of Atlas?

One of the few actual surprises to come from this E3 for Switch was Starfox and the Arwing featuring in the Switch version of Ubisoft's Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

For those of you who have a Switch, any interest in this one?

Around the Network

I hear Arwing, I'm interested.

idk, I feel like they're trying to use the Star Fox guest appearance to disguise the fact that the game is just a generic space shooter game with Toys to Life integration.

I saw many people who didn't care about this game at all last year, nor while they were talking about it this year, but as soon as they showed Fox, those same people were like "take my money" from my perspective, so meh.

Hey, maybe the game will be better than I expect, but as of now, I couldn't care less.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Need to see more, first.

Couldnt care less about adding Star Fox & Arwing, I was intrigued when they showed it last year at E3.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Never been a starfox person. I think only played the 64 version a few times with friends, so he doesn't really do anythign for me.

I did enjoy greatly the rogue squadron games on the gamecube though, so if this ends up being some good space game I might look at it.

Still using toys, so I still don't care.

I’ll admit my interest at first was primarily for them using Fox and the Arwing, but after watching some gameplay, it actually looks really cool to me beyond that. I’ll be getting it at launch, hoping for the best. 

it certainly helps that I have GCU at best buy to get the price down, of course. The $75 would’ve been hard to swallow.

Mar1217 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Still using toys, so I still don't care.                             

Though, you can play the game without buying the toys, so your point is ?

I'm not making a point, I'm sharing my thoughts on the game. You're actually wrong though, the game comes packaged with some toys for $75, then there's exclusive content in the additional toys that you'll have to buy if you want the full experience.

The game itself actually looks surprisingly good. Impressive even. I like the visuals and the gameplay looks fun. Honestly, as someone who has actually played No Man's Sky, you can clearly see the difference here with them focusing on crafting a small number of planets vs trying to procedurally generate a preposterous number.

The toys to life thing is a barier. The fact you can scan in the toys once and then never use the physical toys again is a cool concession for convenience. The fact the starter kit comes with all you need to play the whole game's core content has me interested, but I don't know if I am $75 interested. It is a shame this has come out now though with toys to life on the wane cause imo, this is what the toys to life genre should have always been like. I know if I was a kid I would be very, very hyped for this vs Skylanders and other such stuff.