By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OPINION: Coming next generation, Sony will be ready to fire on all cylinders!

This generation Playstation fans has had the joy of playing some of the best games the industry has to offer; From new and exciting intellectual properties like Horizon: Zero Dawn (89 OpenCritic) and Bloodborne (91 OpenCritic), to soft reboots of the God of War (95 OpenCritic) and Ratchet and Clank (86 OpenCritic) franchises and sequels like Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (92 OpenCritic), Persona 5 (94 OpenCritic) and many more. 
All of the above titles not only enjoyed critical succes but financial too, paving the way for sequels and new intellectual properties on Sony's next generation hardware. Coming next generation, Sony will be ready to fire on all cylinders!

List of potential upcoming exclusive titles for the Playstation 5.

First Party

1. Naughty Dog
    • Untitled The Last of Us sequel
  2. Santa Monica Studio
    • Untitled God of War sequel
  3. Guerrilla Games
    • Untitled Horzion sequel
  4. Polyphony Digital
    • Untitled Gran Turismo sequel
  5. Sucker Punch Productions
    • Untitled Ghost of Tsushima sequel
  6. Media Molecule
    • New untitled intellectual property
  7. Bend Studio
    • Untitled Days Gone sequel
  8. Japan Studio
  9. San Diego Studio
    • Untitled MLB: The Show sequel
  10. PixelOpus
  11. New San Diego based studio
    • Untitled Uncharted game (rumoured)

Second Party

1. Insomniac Games
    • Untitled Spider-Man sequel
    • Untitled Ratchet and Clank sequel
  2. Kojima Productions
    • Untitled Death Stranding sequel
  3. Quantic Dream
  4. FromSoftware
    • Untitled Bloodborne sequel
  5. Atlus
    • Untitled Persona sequel
  6. Bluepoint Games
    • Untitled remake of a Playstation classic

Last month Playstation CEO, John Kodera, said that the Playstation 4 had entered its "final phase", leaving Playstation fans speculating about the inevitable arrival of Playstation 4's successor, the Playstation 5. Rumour has it that Microsoft will release their next generation of Xbox hardware in 2020, exactly 3 years after the launch of the Xbox One X, and that has lead many to believe that Sony might release the Playstation 5 next year - in 2019 - 3 years after the launch of the Playstation 4 Pro. Whether or not the Playstation 5 releases next year, Sony has already positioned themselves as winners of the next generation, at least in terms of exclusives. But hey, that is just my opinion. :) 

Around the Network

I just hole they will bring more stuff for PSVR. They spoiled me with VR. I don't want to play flat games anymore on my PlayStation. =

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

I just hole they will bring more stuff for PSVR. They spoiled me with VR. I don't want to play flat games anymore on my PlayStation. =

If I were you I would be a bit concerned, PSVR is getting the Vita treatment lately.

Im soured on anything but a playstation from sony. support is terrible over and over.

Sony already fired on all cylinders this generation. If they manage to win next gen, it will only be the second time in history the preceding winner is also the succeeding winner. I don't like those odds but, who knows.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Sony already fired on all cylinders this generation. If they manage to win next gen, it will only be the second time in history the preceding winner is also the succeeding winner. I don't like those odds but, who knows.

Thats one weird way of looking at it. playstation has dominated the home console market 3 out 4 times. The gen that it lost was because it made hardware that costs way more then its main competition 360, while running multiplatform games much worse, and releasing a year later, actually a year and half later in its strongest region europe, missing the crucial holiday period. ps3 was a massive fuck up, and still sold near 90 million.   

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
OdinHades said:

If I were you I would be a bit concerned, PSVR is getting the Vita treatment lately.

Im soured on anything but a playstation from sony. support is terrible over and over.

Theres only like 2-3m or something PSVR headsets out there right? It kinda limits how big a budget you can justify for a game developed for it.

Also:    "There are currently 396 titles on this page."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR_games

Theres like 300 (released) games for it... in about 2 years its been out,....how much more do you want?

"PSVR is getting the Vita treatment lately."

Thats why theres like a 100 more games comeing for it in... and alot of those in 2018?

They already are. Their recent home consoles have been slow starters when it comes to first party software, but with the remainder of the gen seemingly laid out and big new reveals tucked away for now, the PS5 could be poised to have a much stronger launch year. Many of the games we just saw at E3 could be cross gen and I could see Horizon 2 and a new IP from, say, Japan Studio as launch window titles.

Sony wants to win each gen and works for it each gen your opinion is like telling us water is wet, a desert contains sand ,a nintend fan jerks to metroid prime, korea loves starcraft etc etc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

LiquorandGunFun said:
OdinHades said:

Are you sure you are not sleeping on PSVR Announcments in the past one year Sony has made tons of games announcements, just from top of my head. Tetris Effect, trevor saves the galaxy, moss, bravo team, blood & truth, inpatient, dreams

BraLoD said:
Naughty Dog may actually move on if TLoU is a two games franchise.
I still believe Death Stranding will be a PS5 game so no need for sequel, lol.
Bloodborne will not get a sequel, either Sekiro will or it'll be yet another new IP.

There are Rumors and job listing that ND are also assisting a newly formed team for an announced third person action adventure game.

Death stranding will probably cross gen. about sequel who know what kojima has in mind.

Bloodborne 2 will happen, my guess is Sony will use it as a killer app for PS5 at launch, as bloodborne on ps4 did turnout to be a system seller. Not to mention From software did mention they have three titles in development, One is Completely different new Ip (Sekrio), Second is a reboot (armored Core) third is action RPG similar setting to dark souls this could be BB2. and i wont be suprised if deracine VR will lead into bloodborne 2

on the other hand you could be right too, but it will be so strange considering after the how poorly sony handled demon souls, they would let bloodborne die too.