By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Introducing PlayStation Hits: Great Games at a Great Price

Aura7541 said:
Baddman said:

I figured as much. Which is the better of the two in your opinion?

Yakuza 0 is a longer game and Kiwami is pretty short. You also get to play as two characters in 0, so I would say 0 is the better game.

cool will be buying 0 when i get paid

Around the Network

Unless you pay full price on launch day, you deserve the mark of shame.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Def picking up Yakuza 0 and Infamous Second Son.

Hiku said:

If you missed out on some great PlayStation 4 games that came out a few years ago, we have exciting news! We’re introducing PlayStation Hits, a selection of incredible PS4 games that are easy on the wallet. From award winning epics to family friendly favorites, PlayStation Hits offers an awesome lineup of games for $19.99 USD (MSRP) each on PlayStation Store and select retailers across the U.S. In Canada, PlayStation Hits games will range in price, starting at $19.99 CAD (MSRP) each at participating retailers and PS Store.

At retailers, PlayStation Hits games will come in red packaging instead of our usual blue, and at PS Store the games will have red banners that’ll make it easy for you to identify which games are part of the Hits lineup.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/19/introducing-playstation-hits-great-games-at-a-great-price/
The list of games will grow over time.
Good time for me to pick up Yakuza Kiwami.

oh yeah, many amazing games! The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank and yes, Yakuza Zero is fantastic!

Baddman said:

Great will finally try the yakuza games

which of the 2 yakuza games you guys recommend I play first?

i have both : ) Yakuza Zero !! You'll love it, that's sure! A masterpiece (story, gameplay, characters, bossfights, atmosphere)

Aura7541 said:
Baddman said:

Yakuza 0 goes first chronologically.

Thats true.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Def picking up Yakuza 0 and Infamous Second Son.

Good choice, have fun : )

Yerm said:
re-releasing popular titles at a discounted price and including a red banner on the box art? Sony isnt even being subtle anymore when they copy Nintendo. this is the exact same thing as the Nintendo Selects line

You almost got me with that one.  Well played.  That would have been quite the display of ignorance.

Around the Network

Oooh on second thought I want to grab MGS V the complete experience at that price. Going to try to find one in the original packaging. Wish me luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

To everyone complaining about the packaging: It could be a lot worse.

StarDoor said:

To everyone complaining about the packaging: It could be a lot worse.

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

whyy

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Signalstar said:
I wonder if they realize that the different packaging and ugly coloring make people like me less likely to buy these. Some of these game have already been at this price for a while now in their original packaging. The only one I would consider vuyibg is Infamous and I already got it through PS Plus so...

You think a red bar is bad? Did you ever see the Platinum range of games for PS2 and PS3 in EU?! Silver and bright yellow, like a fucking warning label or something!

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/3/32983/2021370-platinum_uncharted_1_.jpg

Didn't look  much better when they went to the new design either...

https://s3.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600/600/27/10088227-1303836324-204510.jpg

I'd happily take a red bar over these abominations! Thankfully I THINK we're getting the same PS4 covers as US, lol. 

Baddman said:

If you have the choice, then Yakuza 0 for sure.
While you can start out with either, 0 takes place before Kiwami (which is a remake of Yakuza 1) chronologically.
And while experiencing Yakuza 1 first does offer some unique perspective when playing 0 (Think watching Star Wars Episode 4, 5, 6 and then the prequels, as most people did), I'd prefer starting with 0 because it fleshes out the backstory to a major event that occurs in Kiwami.

Aside from that, I think Yakuza 0 indisputably had the better gameplay (two main protagonists and multiple fighting styles), and imo the best story in the series.
If you pick it up make sure to remember that it starts off a bit slow. Once you first get to control the second playable character, that's when it starts really picking up.

Last edited by Hiku - on 19 June 2018