Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should acquire Insomniac

I don't want Insomniac to shutter after just one misstep or dud, so no thanks.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I seem to remember this topic coming up several years ago and if memory serves, insomniac said they didn’t want to be bought. Could be wrong. I’ll try looking it up later.

flashfire926 said:

yeah I was the same too and maybe thats the right way

but I don't want inso to be bought by MS or a big publisher  especially as EA ubisoft and activision grow making 1bn+ a year

flashfire926 said:

I assume you're saying that's what happens with studios under Sony. Couldn't be further from the truth. Evolution Studios and Zipper Interactive had several duds before the teams were disbanded, for example. And, that's not 100% a fault of Sony's. Those teams weren't pulling their weight, and in this business, that's money you're costing your employer. No one knows what went on behind closed doors, but it's obvious that they had many more problems than any of Sony's other teams.

CGI-Quality said:
flashfire926 said:

I assume you're saying that's what happens with studios under Sony. Couldn't be further from the truth. Evolution Studios and Zipper Interactive had several duds before the teams were disbanded, for example. And, that's not 100% a fault of Sony's. Those teams weren't pulling their weight, and in this business, that's money you're costing your employer. No one knows what went on behind closed doors, but it's obvious that they had many more problems than any of Sony's other teams.

icognito got closed while making an 85 meta game warhawk as a final title

and Guerrila cambridge was the most headscratching closure ever along with liverpool. they made very cool unique stuff that was never a dud 

he has a point

Around the Network
MasterThief said:
CGI-Quality said:

and Guerrila cambridge was the most headscratching closure ever along with liverpool. they made very cool unique stuff that was never a dud 

he has a point

Incognito got closed under those conditions? Where can I read about that? Also, why was Cambridge closed? And if he has a point, this would have happened with all of their closed studios. Since I already proved that wasn't the case, it's something that can easily be argued. And Liverpool also wasn't pulling their weight, but if they were dropped after one dud, I'm going to need to see where and with what project.

Basically, I don't recall any of their studios being closed after one dud. 

CGI-Quality said:
MasterThief said:

he has a point

Incognito got closed under those conditions? Where can I read about that? Also, why was Cambridge closed? And if he has a point, this would have happened with all of their closed studios. Since I already proved that wasn't the case, it's something that can easily be argued. And Liverpool also wasn't pulling their weight, but if they were dropped after one dud, I'm going to need to see where and with what project.

well as far as I know these three got closed for no reason 

MasterThief said:
CGI-Quality said:

There were obviously reasons and you supported someone who even worried about a reason (dud/misstep).  

MasterThief said:
CGI-Quality said:

For no reason? Just randomly?

yeah Insomniac probably wants to stay independent. There are other studios that might be willing to get acquired...like Bluepoint, Quantic Dream, Supermassive, Ready At Dawn, Housemarque.